Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Today is just a heartbreaking day

timwat

Everything else pales by comparison - I've lost all interest in trying to discuss music, or hardware, or work today.

As my older son posted, there is a special place in hell for those who murder children.

Tragic, tragic, tragic. My heart goes out to those parents today.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As an elementary music teacher and father of a beautiful, 4-year old daughter, I can't imagine the pain of those who lost their children, classmates and colleagues today.

Hold your loved ones a little tighter tonight.

I am just back from picking up my 7 year old from 2nd grade. Couldn't wait for the day to end. Hug. Hug. Hug. My wife and I are crying, as I'm sure every parent across the country is.

Roland Fantom 06; Yamaha P-125; QSC K10; Cubase 13 Pro; Windows 10

I've tried three times to reply to this.....words fail me. A bad day for humanity.

Jake

1967 B-3 w/(2) 122's, Nord C1w/Leslie 2101 top, Nord PedalKeys 27, Nord Electro 4D, IK B3X, QSC K12.2, Yamaha reface YC+CS+CP

"It needs a Hammond"

With a wife who is a first grade teacher and 2 kids in elementary school, I can't fathom what it must be like. With every detail that comes out, I can't help but picture what it would have been like at their school. So difficult to comprehend.

AP was running an article about the 10 worst mass murders ever and they all have been within the last 20 or so years. You just have to ask yourself, what is the world coming to? What was so different 30-50 years ago that there just weren't incidents like this (aside from war)? Was it the consequences then versus now? I don't think so. Many of these end up in the shooter taking their own life afterwards. I just don't understand this madness.

And my heart and prayers go out to those in Connecticut.

Hardware:
Yamaha
: MODX7 | Korg: Kronos 88, Wavestate | ASM: Hydrasynth Deluxe | Roland: Jupiter-Xm, Cloud Pro, TD-9K V-Drums | Alesis: StrikePad Pro|
Behringer: Crave, Poly D, XR-18, RX1602 | CPS: SpaceStation SSv2 | 
Controllers: ROLI RISE 49 | Arturia KeyLab Essentials 88, KeyLab 61, MiniLab | M-Audio KeyStation 88 & 49 | Akai EWI USB |
Novation LaunchPad Mini, |
Guitars & Such: Line 6 Variax, Helix LT, POD X3 Live, Martin Acoustic, DG Strat Copy, LP Sunburst Copy, Natural Tele Copy|
Squier Precision 5-String Bass | Mandolin | Banjo | Ukulele

Software:
Recording
: MacBook Pro | Mac Mini | Logic Pro X | Mainstage | Cubase Pro 12 | Ableton Live 11 | Monitors: M-Audio BX8 | Presonus Eris 3.5BT Monitors | Slate Digital VSX Headphones & ML-1 Mic | Behringer XR-18 & RX1602 Mixers | Beyerdynamics DT-770 & DT-240
Arturia: V-Collection 9 | Native Instruments: Komplete 1 Standard | Spectrasonics: Omnisphere 2, Keyscape, Trilian | Korg: Legacy Collection 4 | Roland: Cloud Pro | GForce: Most all of their plugins | u-he: Diva, Hive 2, Repro, Zebra Legacy | AAS: Most of their VSTs |
IK Multimedia: SampleTank 4 Max, Sonik Synth, MODO Drums & Bass | Cherry Audio: Most of their VSTs |

My singer is an elementary school teacher. Most of my family are teachers. I'm looking at this year's set of pictures of my brother's seven grandkids aged two through ten. I'm going to have to keep the TV off and put the kids up on all the screens as wallpaper to stay focused on work and the people I care about.

I've seen murder from the front row and more combat than most civilians. It's hard to shake me. This one sets a new low.

--wmp

I sure don't feel like practicing tonight or even seeing a bandmate who is gigging with his other band. I too am a school teacher (HS) but our school is K-12, my kids went there.

I just can't fathom how someone can do this to innocent little children. My heart aches for all the families destroyed by this madman.

Hammonds:1959 M3,1961 A-101,Vent, 2 Leslies,VB3/Axiom,

Casio WK-7500,Yamaha P50m Module/DGX-300

Gig rig:Casio PX-5S/Roland VR-09/Spacestation V3

http://www.petty-larceny-band.com

A business acquaintance of mine found out today that her granddaughter was among the victims. Every hour that we waited for news, it felt like you had no breath in your body. As the hours went by, you could just sense that the news wasn't going to be good. When we finally heard her grandbaby had been killed, it was like taking a sledge hammer to the gut.

I met the little one and her sister this past summer, when they were visiting their grandmother. I teased with them, let them have their pick from the candy jar I keep in my office, played the silly old man and beamed to myself when they giggled and laughed. Such innocence and beauty, you knew you were seeing the smile of God in their faces. It's hard to believe that one of these treasures has been taken so tragically.

I don't get to post as often as I'd like, due to a hectic work schedule, but thanks for the opportunity to share. I feel just as broken as if she were my own. Here's to hoping that the sound of gunfire will someday be replaced by the soul stirring echoes of music.

Cloner

Yamaha DX7S, Ensoniq ESQ-1, Yamaha HX-3, Clavinova CLP-300, PSR-740

I often have the opportunity to visit the Primary School in my district and marvel at the Kindergarteners as they file past on their way to Recess or the Lunchroom. They are such little babies. The same age as my oldest grandson.

That some monster would use a gun on these children is just beyond horrific. As a teacher and as a man, I would willingly step between any of them and this madman, but even that wouldn't stop the evil.

My heart aches tonight for these babies and their parents.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

I live near the school. Some folks need to vent their feelings when something this severe happens. I have just kind of emotionally shut down. God help the families and schoolmates,teachers,cops,and all who were exposed to the full brunt of this senseless horror. Will someone please explain how to remove the moronic smiley from my post?

I live in Stepford because these things don't happen in Stepford. Two mass murders in less than 30 months. (9 dead at a Beer Distributor in Hartford in 2010 and now this)

It's never good when your local news is on Fox and MSNBC all day long :)

This put the Big East implosion into perspective. Now we are left to mourning something else and black humor and vigils and wondering which politician will get the most mileage out of an entirely obtuse piece of gun control and school safety legislation.

It's the type of crazy that can't be rationalized. Sadly it will increase church attendance as people try to sort it all out.

I live near the school. Some folks need to vent their feelings when something this severe happens. I have just kind of emotionally shut down. God help the families and schoolmates,teachers,cops,and all who were exposed to the full brunt of this senseless horror. Will someone please explain how to remove the moronic smiley from my post?

I was just looking at some images of the kids, and the absolute crushing grief in some of the parents faces. Brought tears to my eyes.

Especially tough is the time of year, I don't know how I'd cope.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

A business acquaintance of mine found out today that her granddaughter was among the victims. Every hour that we waited for news, it felt like you had no breath in your body. As the hours went by, you could just sense that the news wasn't going to be good. When we finally heard her grandbaby had been killed, it was like taking a sledge hammer to the gut.

I met the little one and her sister this past summer, when they were visiting their grandmother. I teased with them, let them have their pick from the candy jar I keep in my office, played the silly old man and beamed to myself when they giggled and laughed. Such innocence and beauty, you knew you were seeing the smile of God in their faces. It's hard to believe that one of these treasures has been taken so tragically.

I don't get to post as often as I'd like, due to a hectic work schedule, but thanks for the opportunity to share. I feel just as broken as if she were my own. Here's to hoping that the sound of gunfire will someday be replaced by the soul stirring echoes of music.

I'm very sorry to hear this about your acquaintance's granddaughter. Best wishes to everyone.

I'm utterly stunned by this. We've had a lot of mass murders in the U.S. this year, and they're absolutely tragic and senseless and maddening. I'm a teacher, and all the other teachers were stunned by this, how anyone could do this, and how horrible it is.

I was just looking at some images of the kids, and the absolute crushing grief in some of the parents faces. Brought tears to my eyes.

Especially tough is the time of year, I don't know how I'd cope.

I was also tearing up when I read the news. This tragedy is very hard for me to digest. There is such evil in the world. My heart goes out to all the victims and their families, and the community of Newtown.

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

I have two small children, and they attend an elementary school not unlike the school in Newtown. Ever since I heard the news I find I have been prone to sobbing fits.

I am truly heartbroken, and saddened by this news. My heart goes out to everyone effected by this terrible tragedy.

I'm just saying', everyone that confuses correlation with causation eventually ends up dead.

Not sure if the times are a changin' or if they have already changed. Something about society has changed. Nobody can quite put a finger on it but it's here and it's evil. I can't deal with this and I don't think anyone else can...

I agree, but voicing my opinion on this subject would violate forum rules... :cop: Let's just say that when you forbid positive influences in our society you enable the negative ones. As a parent who has lost a young son, I can relate to the grief these people are feeling. And my wife is a third grade teacher, so this tragedy hits home doubly for her. My prayers go to the families of these kids, and the heroic teachers who sacrificed their lives to save others.

><>

Steve

We want to believe that as time marches on, the world becomes a safer place. There will probably be a reaction to this in the policies of every elementary school: increased security, doors being locked, etc . . . It will not make children feel like the world is a safer place. Not saying this is good or bad, just observing.

I'm about to have my first little one. This stuff definitely affects you much more deeply when you think about it possibly happening to your own.

Gigging: Crumar Mojo 61, Hammond SKPro

Home: Vintage Vibe 64

Archived