Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Boss RC-20XL

_LittleBuster_

Does anyone have an experience with this loop station pedal?

I borrowed one from a buddy of mine that doesnt use it.

My question is, When I record a Phrase it will play the track until it ends and then it pauses for a few seconds and then restarts the loop. I dont want it to do this. I want it to continue playing nonstop and I cant seem to get it to do it. I know it's capable of doing this because I have seen videos of people online doing it. Not to mention it has a few prerecorded tracks on it that continuously play.

I have read my owners manual and still cant seem to find what I am looking for.

Pretty sure its just operator error, but I need some help.

Guitar Influences:

Yoshiaki Manabe, Mike Einziger, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl.

There are a few more but I'm too lazy to name.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just press the pedal when I am done with the phrase.

I just dont understand why it has like a second or two of delay before it restarts the loop. Its rather frustrating.

Guitar Influences:

Yoshiaki Manabe, Mike Einziger, Josh Homme, Dave Grohl.

There are a few more but I'm too lazy to name.

Basically, it should be acting like a recording device. So, if you leave a one second delay between the start click/playing and a one second delay between the finished playing/stop click, you will wind up with a two second delay between loops.

The best way to time it is to tap your foot at the tempo you will be playing at. Then, click the pedal in beat and continue to play, in beat. Also, when you finish, be sure to click the stop, on beat, as well.

Basically, it should be acting like a recording device. So, if you leave a one second delay between the start click/playing and a one second delay between the finished playing/stop click, you will wind up with a two second delay between loops.

The best way to time it is to tap your foot at the tempo you will be playing at. Then, click the pedal in beat and continue to play, in beat. Also, when you finish, be sure to click the stop, on beat, as well.

Yes A String - Your explaination is much better. :thu:

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Loopers are great learning, practicing, recording and writing tools. You can also use them to adjust amp and PA settings. I have a Digitech which has come in very handy over the years and can record up to 99 complete songs both vocals and guitar(s)...Have fun with it...
Take care, Larryz

Archived