Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Super Champ X2

desertbluesman

I finally got the Fender Super Champ X2 up and installed under my computer desk. I also hooked my pedal board in front of it with an A/B switcher and took my GNX2 outta the shed (it still works surprisingly) and hooked that all up to the A/B switcher for the harmonies which I do on one song. The Valve Jr and EVM12L are now banned from the living room & have gone back to the shed. The X2 with the super sonic patch equals the tube distortion stomps for nice smooth overdrive, I can now still use the BD2 for the boost and the tonal difference I need for the Agile without messing with the tone control on the amp.

I am liking that X2, one thing that helped it was getting it up off of the floor. I have a laminate floor I installed 5 or so years back and it reflects sound in a way I do not like. I am confident I can take that out for most jams etc, and have enough oomph to get the sound across to be capable with anything that is in the acoustic volume of a set of drums.

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...one thing that helped it was getting it up off of the floor. I have a laminate floor I installed 5 or so years back and it reflects sound in a way I do not like.

Aaaaaaaaaaah.... THAT explains some of the harsh, unduly over-bright treble you were getting before...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Aaaaaaaaaaah.... THAT explains some of the harsh, unduly over-bright treble you were getting before...

Yep, and after playing it for a few days the speaker cone is loosening up a little each day. It is still pretty stiff however, and at the low volumes I use these days, it will take months to get the speaker broken in. But I am hoping it does break in nicely. So far I like the amp better each day I play through it.

Archived