Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

VST host ?

niacin

I just bought a V-Machine and VB3, OPX and a few other softies. I downloaded a freeware VST host programme and then realised it's not designed to run on Windows 7, just XP, so wondering if someone could recommend a freeware VST host programme that will load VB3 etc in a Windows 7 environment, before I go out and spend any money unnecessarily. Thanks.

Gig keys: Hammond SKpro, Korg Vox Continental, Crumar Mojo 61, Crumar Mojo Pedals

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For $0, Live Professor (beta) is the no brainer.

You'll see a lot of "+1"s for Cantabile Lite, which is a very stripped-down, free version of the popular Cantabile Performer. Which means you don't get hardware controller assignments, filters, complex patch-saves, etc. OTOH, Live Professor will let you do everything that Cantabile Performer does - except recording/midi/audio playback.

There are others like Bidule, very powerful but less user-friendly, with a learning curve. Finally, if you're looking for the simplest possible host, klonk. Just don't expect it to make coffee for you.

This is really what MIDI was originally about encouraging cooperation between companies that make the world a more creative place." - Dave Smith

Check out this forum for the V-machine - loads of posts from long time users including a regular visit from VFX Support (VFX being the V-machine's VST host program).

You should get an answer there.

http://www.vmachineforum.com/index.php

Gig rig: Motif XF8,Roland A37~laptop,Prophet 08,Yam WX5~VL70m.

Studio: V-Synth GT,Korg DW8000,A33,Blofeld,N1R,KS Rack,too many VSTs

Freefall www.f-music.co.uk

Archived