Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Free Minimoog anyone?

mcgoo

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
been trying to get on the arturia page for the last 12 hours, so chuffed to get this fb link, thanks!

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

I created a fb account just to download the Minimoog V, it says I will receive an email "within 48 hours" with download info. I've received nothing so far... and I plan to cancel my fb account as soon as I have downloaded the synth.

Anyone actually received this yet? I went through all the same indecision over whether to allow the app, finally decided that have nothing to hide in this world..except credit card and bank account numbers.

So I reluctantly went for it. It had a weird, almost scam-ish feel, though. I am a little ill-at-ease over it.

But on to the synth. I have used the GForce Minimonsta at length, a few years back, and was kind of blown away by it. Does any have experience with both?

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

I had no problem downloading it last night directly form their site, no facebook required. The pages were slow to load, but they did load.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

You could always remove the FB app once you get the download (perhaps even sooner, but I'd wait to be sure).

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I'm also waiting for an email that's supposed to come within 48 hours. I'm a bit skeptical--I've clicked to receive the email several times.

The Arturia site loads for me now. Where on the site can one find the direct link?

~ Sean

Juno-60, Juno-G, MicroBrute, MS-20 Mini, PX-5S, R3, etc.

I created a fb account just to download the Minimoog V, it says I will receive an email "within 48 hours" with download info. I've received nothing so far... and I plan to cancel my fb account as soon as I have downloaded the synth.

Quick - everyone send Carlo friend requests!
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Again, there is no reason to use Facebook for this, or give any party anything more than an email address, which Arturia requires to send you your registration code (I have a rarely-used hotmail address set up just for things like this).

The traffic this promotion is generating for Arturia is obviously a bit much for them, but a drop in the bucket for Facebook, so if you happen to be a Facebook user, you can "get through" more quickly that way. But with a little patience, you can get it just fine from Arturia's own site.

Here's the direct link, which I don't think anyone has posted yet:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html

Again, NO FACEBOOK REQUIRED!

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

I get an error message in French. The error message probably because I block info to apps. (I hate apps simply because as far as I know, there's no way to get rid of them. Fortunately I learned that on a burner FB account I no longer use.)

Hah! I managed to remember the burner account password, and am anxiously awaiting my email.

Thanks for the post.

Again, there is no reason to use Facebook for this, or give any party anything more than an email address, which Arturia requires to send you your registration code (I have a rarely-used hotmail address set up just for things like this).

The traffic this promotion is generating for Arturia is obviously a bit much for them, but a drop in the bucket for Facebook, so if you happen to be a Facebook user, you can "get through" more quickly that way. But with a little patience, you can get it just fine from Arturia's own site.

Here's the direct link, which I don't think anyone has posted yet:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/minimoogv/minimoogv-original.html

Again, NO FACEBOOK REQUIRED!

that page just tells you to go to FB...

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

If this has been overloading their site all day, it would seem to be a successful promotion! :)

Roland td9 expanded

Three shelter cats

that page just tells you to go to FB...

Ah! It worked fine last night. Sure enough, it now says:

As our server is overloaded please go to Arturia Facebook page to request your Free Instrument

The site was so overwhelmed that they had to shut down their direct access. Bummer. Glad I got in in time, as I'm anti-facebook as well. Got my code emailed to me successfully, too.

Yea, me too..I did try the full version of this plug..simply fantastic...the presets were killer. Not sure u get the presets w/the freeb, I kno u dont get the fx.

By the way, is this a standalone or will it come up as say a plug in Logic or a daw? Im a bit hesitant to load it b4 I can learn a bit more about it.

Archived