Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Suggest some 80s synth rock listening

The funny thing about OMD is that it was the one synth-pop band I didn't care much for at the time, thinking them pretentious and too arty. I was quite young at the time though and inexperienced in life. Going back to their music these past ten years, I now find them my favourite of that genre, sensing deep passion and life experiences in the singing and nothing resembling pretentiousness. Their later music is excellent as well, but I think they are once again defunct as a band unit.

The first album has a special energy and freshness to it, and sounds very professional in spite of probably having been done on a shoestring budget.

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35, D'angelico SS Bari, EXL1,

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, LP 57, Eastman T486, T64, Ibanez PM2, Hammond XK4, Moog Voyager

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
.....The Great Curve.....

The Live In Rome version. A little out there.

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RY7Yz3PEhk

That is a killer version of The Great Curve, the best I have ever heard!

I am a huge fan of the live Stop Making Sense DVD (the 9-song CD does not include even half the songs, and does not have the same performances as the DVD for some the songs it includes). But the video you posted here of "The Great Curve" from live in Rome is better than that.

Archived