Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Dear Mr. Sadowsky, I write to you once again

_Sweet Willie_

Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

Hello again! Another year has passed us by. As you know from this thread last year, I have matured. Well, perhaps not matured, but changed (without attaching a value to that change in terms of personal growth or regression). Such is life, I guess, and I seem to keep on living it.

I'm happy to share publicly, once again, my plea to you for a fine Sadowsky instrument as a birthday gift. And, for the second time, to make this request selflessly. I remain content with the current instruments in my, um, arsenal (a.k.a., stack in the basement that rotates on and off of the stand in the living room). That is, I make this request on behalf of The Unknown Bassist (i.e., TUB), a poor soul who toils hard and long in pursuit of excellence in playing, earning a mere pittance as paid work in local clubs dwindles and more hacks bastardize the voice of this great instrument in their home "studios," and yet still bringing smiles to faces and the shake to booties everywhere...serving the music, harmonizing and rhythmitizing: giving the world phat, fat low end luv. If there's anyone who might be worthy of a new Sadowsky bass, it would be TUB. TUB is unlikely to accumulate the scratch necessary to buy one, and faithfully hoists his or her axe upon shoulder, night after night, day after day. That axe might be a garage sale Ibanez with "chambering" courtesy of a termite or twenty. It might be a no-name plywood special. Perhaps it is a 2x4 plank fretless...not that I know anyone who might wield such a thing.

Any way, it would be a great birthday gift to me if you found it within you to identify TUB and suprise him or her with a new Sadowsky. NYC or Metro, 4 or 5 strings, fretted or fretless -- it matters not. We all know that TUB will make it sing.

Thanks for your kind consideration in this matter. I hope that the ongoing work in LIC is going well and that any challenges created by the transition out of Brooklyn have long ago been overcome.

Peace.

--Willie

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Mr. Sadowsky,

Hello again! Another year has passed us by. As you know from this thread last year, I have matured. Well, perhaps not matured, but changed (without attaching a value to that change in terms of personal growth or regression). Such is life, I guess, and I seem to keep on living it.

I'm happy to share publicly, once again, my plea to you for a fine Sadowsky instrument as a birthday gift. And, for the second time, to make this request selflessly. I remain content with the current instruments in my, um, arsenal (a.k.a., stack in the basement that rotates on and off of the stand in the living room). That is, I make this request on behalf of The Unknown Bassist (i.e., TUB), a poor soul who toils hard and long in pursuit of excellence in playing, earning a mere pittance as paid work in local clubs dwindles and more hacks bastardize the voice of this great instrument in their home "studios," and yet still bringing smiles to faces and the shake to booties everywhere...serving the music, harmonizing and rhythmitizing: giving the world phat, fat low end luv. If there's anyone who might be worthy of a new Sadowsky bass, it would be TUB. TUB is unlikely to accumulate the scratch necessary to buy one, and faithfully hoists his or her axe upon shoulder, night after night, day after day. That axe might be a garage sale Ibanez with "chambering" courtesy of a termite or twenty. It might be a no-name plywood special. Perhaps it is a 2x4 plank fretless...not that I know anyone who might wield such a thing.

Any way, it would be a great birthday gift to me if you found it within you to identify TUB and suprise him or her with a new Sadowsky. NYC or Metro, 4 or 5 strings, fretted or fretless -- it matters not. We all know that TUB will make it sing.

Thanks for your kind consideration in this matter. I hope that the ongoing work in LIC is going well and that any challenges created by the transition out of Brooklyn have long ago been overcome.

Peace.

--Willie

agree 100%

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

Mr. Sadowsky - may I call you Mr. Sadowsky? - If you grant William's humble request I will personally tell everyone I know what a swell person Roger Sadowsky is. Think of the publicity!

You currently dominate late-night television with Messrs. Lee and Minor prominently playing your fine instruments. I will see to it that you also dominate my friends and family. :idk

Think about it. This could be big for you.

Push the button Frank.

I will see to it that you also dominate my friends and family.

Yeah, because that's not the slightest bit creepy... :freak:

I meant that in the sexual way of course. (Shut up Griff, I'm negotiating!)

Push the button Frank.

For clarification...TUB is not a pseudonym for Sweet Willie. As Jeremy points out, I now have two instruments from Carey that I love. I really do feel like I'm all set.

While I had thought TUB was a stand-in for a general population of players, apparently I was wrong. I see that TUB has wisely posted in this thread. Fascinating.

Peace.

--s-uu

spreadluv

Fanboy? Why, yes! Nordstrand Pickups and Guitars.

Messiaen knew how to parlay the funk.

Archived