Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT- Album Title Restaurant Names

Dannyalcatraz

Van Haggis. A restaurant owned by Sammy Hagar, where the food is sub-par compared to the original recipe, and his affinity for bitter flavors makes it difficult for his customers to swallow his unique brand of tripe.

Nothing against Sammy though :D

Oh, and also, The White Tripe French bistro.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=810593

http://www.myspace.com/dandelavega

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A little German deli- "Eine Kleine Knackwurst"- situated next to a late-night French bakery- "Eclair de Lune".

Or vegetarian places, like "Let it Pea" and "Block Rockin Beets".

How about a place that specializes in marinated beef dishes, "Beast of Bourbon"

Would you go to "Smoothie Up In You"?

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

Since we're "low browin it" - how bout a fast food restaurant that serves yesterdays leftovers - Old McDonalds.

OK - I deserve to be hit for that one!

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

"Thyme in a Bottle" spice store.

See, I was working my way through all the gastronomy I could muster to find something apropo for the "thyme" gag other than the obvious (herb/spice shop), but came up empty, so I passed on it.

You could play on "thyme(time)" for days, but it's such an obscure herb, you'd be hard-pressed to make a good connection.

I mean, if I were going to do a musical spice shop, it'd be "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme"... ;)

See, I was working my way through all the gastronomy I could muster to find something apropo for the "thyme" gag other than the obvious (herb/spice shop), but came up empty, so I passed on it.

You could play on "thyme(time)" for days, but it's such an obscure herb, you'd be hard-pressed to make a good connection.

I mean, if I were going to do a musical spice shop, it'd be "Parsley, Sage, Rosemary, and Thyme"... ;)

Would "Thyme Has Come Today" be too obscure for most?

I guess if I had one of those sidewalk cart stands in New York I'd want to call it "Pretzel Logic".

Scott Fraser

Would "Thyme Has Come Today" be too obscure for most?

I guess if I had one of those sidewalk cart stands in New York I'd want to call it "Pretzel Logic".

Depends. What sort of restaurant is it? :D

I don't know, probably a grilled tofu place. I was just wondering if anybody knew the Chambers Brothers song of that name, from 66 or 67. An early psychedelic era classic, mostly forgotten now. I never hear it on the Oldies stations.

Scott Fraser

I don't know, probably a grilled tofu place. I was just wondering if anybody knew the Chambers Brothers song of that name, from 66 or 67. An early psychedelic era classic, mostly forgotten now. I never hear it on the Oldies stations.

Oh sure, I'm well familiar with the tune. TIME! ;)

Dark Side Of The Moonpie

Let It Bleed (specializes in rare steak & Steak Tartar)

Atomic Rooster (baked chicken joint)

All The Young Foods (a kiddie restaurant)

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

It's from '68 actually, and was a staple on early FM "underground" rock stations.

Here's one to think about: A steakhouse called "Still Alive, And Well"

Whitefang

I started out with NOTHING...and I still have most of it left!

So, while I'm helping mom do the prep work for tomorrow's Father's Day "feastival", she dropped another one:

A psychedelic coffee shop: "Dark Side of the Spoon"

Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: âNinety percent of everything is crapâ

My FLMS- Murphy's Music in Irving, Tx

http://murphysmusictx.com/

OK, reaching here... Fast food Chinese joint - "I Wanna Wok!"

And their competition across the street: "Wok This Way"

and then there is "Ain't Nothin But A Hotdog"

Hogie shop: "The Yellow Submarine" (but who'd want to eat there?)

Steakhouse: "Love Me Tender"

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Archived