Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tony Monaco endorses Mojo

WheelHead

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So much for Hammond/Suzuki.... I wonder what happened?

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

So Joey left Suzuki... Tony has left Suzuki...

It's interesting how these endorsers come and go... I know that there is some money involved. But according to Jim A. it's miniscule... I believe they may only get price breaks on equipment.

These endorsers believe in the products they endorse. Knowing the sincerity of the endorsees I know, it's a big deal when they jump to another manufacturer. So congrats, Guido, for getting Tony's endorsement.

As a musician, I have never been fortunate (or talented) enough for anyone to ask for my endorsement. However, as a lighting designer I have... But there is zero money in that! Only invitations to cool parties....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

I can only speak personally but there was no money involved for me. I played the XK System in 2006, wanted to get one but couldn't afford it, and on a whim approached H/S about an endorsement. This was before Scott May was there. I got one and I get dealer cost on stuff. I've only received one item from them for free and that was a Pro37 melodica. Everything else I've paid my good money for.

Tony mentioned his love for the Mojo to me last week.

I know that Joey wanted a piece of the action by getting in on the ground floor with Diversi and later Key B. He also mentioned some sound issues to me at NAMM several years ago, but I am not going to start another war by mentioning what they are.

I would imagine that the same is true for Tony. He sees the future in what Guido is doing, and he is smart to get in on it frankly.

Judging by sound clips only, the Mojo gives me more of what I am looking for of the newest dual manual clones. Key B is a close second. There are some things about Key B that I like ( leslie sim being a big one) but I think that by offering things like additional EP's that Guido is going at this a little bit more aggressively.

So Joey left Suzuki... Tony has left Suzuki...

It's interesting how these endorsers come and go... I know that there is some money involved.

Since Crumar has not used any US dealers to stock and ship products within the US in favor of online purchasing, as frugal as they are, it would strike me a bit odd they would pay an artist (if they did) but not pay a reseller in the US to make it easier for buyers and less worry on the shipping cycle. (not to be misinterpreted as a derogatory remark in any way, if a business model is working without middlemen (dealers in US) that is good for the bottom line I suppose)

Keep in mind too the Mojo does not need endorsements to sell since it is most of the time sold out and hard to get, thusly, (since the topic was brought up) Monaco is not likely paid but surely would get good/cost pricing, imho.

He just . . . digs it . . probably . .

W.

I know that Joey wanted a piece of the action by getting in on the ground floor with Diversi and later Key B.... I would imagine that the same is true for Tony. He sees the future in what Guido is doing, and he is smart to get in on it frankly.

A big reason why I pay no attention to their endorsements ... I'd rather make a purchase decision based on what I hear and how the instruments plays/responds and can really give a rats ass less about who is endorsing what ....

57 Hammond B3; 69 Hammond L100P; 68 Leslie 122; Kurzweil Forte7 & PC3; M-Audio Code 61; Voce V5+; Neo Vent; EV ELX112P; GSI Gemini & Burn

Delaware Dave

Exit93band

Since Crumar has not used any US dealers to stock and ship products within the US in favor of online purchasing, as frugal as they are, it would strike me a bit odd they would pay an artist (if they did) but not pay a reseller in the US to make it easier for buyers and less worry on the shipping cycle.

I am not privy to anything, but I'm sure it would be a lot more expensive to set up a US dealer network than to discount or even give an organ to Tony M.

Moe

---

Are you sure he "left" H/S?

Last time I talked to him he mentioned how he was still endorsing their Leslies (except the 2101s due to some problems he had).

And he just posted on Fb he tried to introduce Guido to H/S about four years ago and H/S did not want anything to do with him.

:)

It was obvious me me when VB3 first came out that Guido was on to something. In fact I believe that I was the first to post about it on the Yahoo Clone support group.

If Hammond doesn't " get" what players like Tony Monaco get about capturing the classic Hammond sound (and even moving forward from there), then it is their loss.

I know Tony and I don't think this is about the money. I think he has found something that will be very useful to him, and he is simply supporting it.

These days we need a great leslie sim onboard and a jazz guy like Tony has got to have that classic chorus vibrato thing. If either are compromised it's not going to cut it, especially in a recording situation.

It is weird though as Tony seems to be someone who would insist on a more classic Hammond-like ergonomic layout. One that is more reminiscent of a classic Hammond console... which is not the case with the Mojo, nor the SK series...

It is weird though as Tony seems to be someone who would insist on a more classic Hammond-like ergonomic layout. One that is more reminiscent of a classic Hammond console... which is not the case with the Mojo, nor the SK series...

Well as you know I have both options. The Mojo has plastic drawbars instead of metal, switches in the wrong place, and the action is somewhat stiffer and deeper than the real thing.

But it is very seductive. Wheeling that lightweight sucker around in its soft case and carrying it up and down steps is a breeze.

And the sound is the best I have ever heard out of any clone.

Moe

---

There's one thing we all agree... Vb3 is what gives Mojo its good reputation.

Can you imagine if we had Vb3 running inside a XKSystem-ish layout?

Hamichord?

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Hamichord?

Yeah that is odd. One would think if Tony Monaco was endorsing Crumar he would endorse the flagship organ the Hamichord that has the B3 interface as a jazz organist. ????

As another poster wrote, I remember, he endorsed the B4 while endorsing HS products.

Using that formula he could endorse HS products and endorse the VB3-2 though not released yet, but instead, endorses the hardware (Crumar), but then again, the *smaller non-B3 interface*, 2 rack version, Mojo. Hmmmm. Interesting.

I am not privy to anything, but I'm sure it would be a lot more expensive to set up a US dealer network than to discount or even give an organ to Tony M.

Well, networking a product is supposed to make money not lose money :) but you are correct would take an initial investment or cost. I am not talking about networking, but having even a single dealer in the US that could ship domestically relieving some of the worry of all the transfers of handling coming from Italy. Damage has been reported on these items. (though as great as products these are, I would take the gamble, in fact, I did)

I will also add: one has to wonder if the sales of the Mojo are going to continue off the charts when Guido releases the VB3-2. It may have been a factor to those on the fence that it was only available in the Mojo and Hamichord.

But having said all of the above with Tony Monaco mentioning Guido by name, Guido is the software writer, obviously, unless he has become part owner, Tony is citing Guido (Genuine Soundware) but endorsing a company that he is 3rd party to supplying software, Crumar. It would have made more sense (meaning more sense to me-but perhaps only me) endorsing the software since the development of it is referred to why he endorsed Mojo. ??????? Odd.

W.

Soon.

Bingo. (if you meant the following) I would bet money (and perhaps lose it) that the Hamichord Mark III (not out) will be a breakdown system like the XK System.

If you meant that the XK3 System can be playing the VB3-2 as a controller. That is cool too.

W.

I just looked at the Mojo and yes, its kind of weird that the tone controls are on the left side.

On the Numa they are on the right side....which I really like because rather than manipulating the drawbars for more or less bass, I just use the bass control knob on the right. Also the overdrive click etc. can be adjusted without losing the left hand while a bass line is being played.

Tone controls are not on a normal console, but if you are going to have them I would prefer them on the right side, where they are on the Numa.

Well Hammond-Suzuki has some good people on staff but they really need to step up their game. As much as I like their products they have keep on top of the clone market because the Mojo is rapidly gaining momentum.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Well, it's the same old corporate close minded BS that Suzuki has always practiced... If any one of us were in charge, we would have employed both Guido's and used their technology to create an unbeatable clone...

Let's see... A VB3 engine with a Ventilator sim all housed in the hardware of an XK3c...

Hammonds aren't clones. They are Hammonds. :D

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Hammonds aren't clones. They are Hammonds. :D

Oh... Right.... I forgot....

Well, it's the same old corporate close minded BS that Suzuki has always practiced... If any one of us were in charge, we would have employed both Guido's and used their technology to create an unbeatable clone...

Let's see... A VB3 engine with a Ventilator sim all housed in the hardware of an XK3c...

That would be unreal.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

Archived