Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

New C2D Video

dazzjazz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It does sound like a Leslie, but I doubt they'd debut their new organ with improved sim, and then run it through the real thing! I agree with you - well done Clavia!

www.dazzjazz.com

PhD in Jazz Organ Improvisation.

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

my YouTube is Jazz Organ Bites

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

It was confirmed on another list that this is the leslie sim. Sounds pretty good to me.. looks like a contender!!

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

In the last video, he might have the audio out connected directly to the camera.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Does this B3 update and Leslie sim make its way onto the new Electro 4 ?

That's what they say...

from the Nord web site:

"The Organ section features a brand new tone wheel engine derived from our flagship organ Nord C2D. The Click-modeling has been improved and theres a brand new Rotary Speaker simulation with an amazing new Drive."

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

The top manual sounds pretty good... but the bottom manual does not sound like 808000000... Something strange there....

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

The top manual sounds pretty good... but the bottom manual does not sound like 808000000... Something strange there....

My wild quess would be 008400000 for lower manual. (Seems to be in third drawbar-set.

I really like the sound of that little beast. Congrats to Nord for improvement.

Don't take me serious, I'm just playing.

------------------------------------------------------------

Gear: Hammond XK5-system, Nord Stage3 Compact, Crumar Seven, Rhodes Mk2; Hammond M44

I really like the sound of that little beast. Congrats to Nord for improvement.

Yep, to me it sounds really good too.

EUR 2.999.- incl. 19% VAT and free shipping in germany @Thomann.

It´s marked as "sold out",- not "available at ..." as usual.

So, it seems they had a model from Frankfurt Messe which sold in a minute.

On my list for 2012 now.

A.C.

Does that mean that these are real orders from customers or is this just retailers placing orders for stock?

Either way, given my recent experience with early life issues with a Hammond Sk1 and a Numa organ, it's probably not a bad idea to wait a couple of months in case there are some bugs...!

Craig MacDonald

Hammond BV, Franken-B (A100 in a BV cabinet), Leslies 122/147/44W, Crumar Mojo, HX3 module, Korg Kronos, VR-09, Roland GAIA, Burn, Ventilator

Wow, sounds really great.

I wasn't a big fan of the C1 or the Electro-Organ but this vid suprised me! Congrats to Clavia!

So we got the Mojo, the new KeyBDuo, the C2D....

Now it's your turn Hammond-Suzuki !

;-)

Studio: Hammond XK5-XLK5,  Roland Fantom 8, Prophet 5, Roland SE02, Neo Vent, HX3-Expander, Yamaha Montage M7

Live: Yamaha CP88, Hammond SKX Pro, Hammond XB2-HX3,  Roland Fantom 07, Roland SA1000, Neo Vent

Crumar Mojo - RIP

Hammond-Suzuki XK series - RIP

I agree about the XK series. I've spent a lot of time on one now and while I know you can tweak it a lot, it doesn't sound like any B3 I've ever played, and it's way overpriced to boot. Out of the box it should sound right - like the C1 did 5 years ago. Good riddance.

I'm not prepared to dismiss the Mojo though. It sounds good. But I'm not sure I'd gig with anything running on a windows platform - hell I wouldn't even trust my gig to mainstage or some other platform.

www.dazzjazz.com

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

1961 A100.Leslie 45 & 122. MAG P-2 Organ. Kawai K300J. Yamaha CP4. Moog Matriarch. KIWI-8P.

I don't agree...

I do think Suzuki needs to improve one major thing in the Xk series and that is the rotary sim.

If you do have a physical leslie, I don't see why anyone would change your XkSystem for a C2D or a Mojo.

I mean... they are tweakable! And they sound good. But, maybe it's just me.

If you get your percussion as low as 4/5, your keyclick loud enough to get that 'womph' you can get pretty close to a C2D... with a real leslie, that is.

Don't get me wrong, I love these threads and I love searching for new B3 simulators... but when I see something like "mojo rip or xk rip"... well...

All I know is... the more time I spend practicing my chops the more $ I save on clonewheel GAS.

Crumar Mojo - RIP

Hammond-Suzuki XK series - RIP

Uh, yeah. :rolleyes:

C2D street price (estimated) = $3200

Mojo basic price = $2609

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

All I know is... the more time I spend practicing my chops the more $ I save on clonewheel GAS.

My policy exactly....off to my studio...

www.dazzjazz.com

BMus (Hons) Jazz Piano.

I have to say that the leslie sim sounds great.. especially when it spools up from stop to tremelo with the higher drawbars pulled out.. Also, note how nicely the C2D screams, wow (almost more like a 147 then a 122)! The new percussion and keyclick sounds great and adds a lot of realism.. (maybe a bit much at times, personally I would dial it back a bit).

The keyboard performance is kind of distracting when I'm trying to hear the leslie sim.. I would have liked to hear the leslie spool up/down with a mellow and bright chords being held.. however, it sounds pretty good I must say.

I think I want one.. actually I know I want one.. ;-)

Craig MacDonald

I was there and hooked up the systems that night.

The two vids with Pierre is left rigth out direct in the PA and you are hearing the sound of the room. Sim used is iternal 122 model (the one with the greater mike distance). No external Leslie used.

On the vid with just the hands you are hearing the sound taken from the headphones out direct to the camera.

There will be more videos from that evening at Jam musik store in Stockholm.

I have one where you hear the C2s in the PA and my C2d in a 3300. Recorded on a Mobile phone. Quite good sound.

I am glad that material is being released. I will do some recordings at home over easter using my PA and my 145 Leslie as comparison.

Here are more clips of Pierre direkt out from left right

I am glad to read the positive comments. I have known for a long time that the C2d is going to be a very potent organ.

Regards Frederick

Archived