Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

B*tches Brew versions

Joe Muscara

I've recently taken a shine to Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, and don't have it in my collection. Looking to buy it, I've found at least three versions. There is the original with seven tracks, The "Legacy Edition" which doesn't seem to have Feio, and The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions.

Does anyone have any thoughts on which one to get?

(The thread title is a joke. At one point, I believe the iTunes Store starred out the "profanity" in the title in its listings.)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've recently taken a shine to Miles Davis' Bitches Brew, and don't have it in my collection. Looking to buy it, I've found at least three versions. There is the original with seven tracks, The "Legacy Edition" which doesn't seem to have Feio, and The Complete Bitches Brew Sessions.

(The thread title is a joke. At one point, I believe the iTunes Store starred out the "profanity" in the title in its listings.)

Get the Complete Sessions CD version. You won't regret it.

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

Get the Complete Sessions CD version. You won't regret it.

Big +1

If you like the album this is one where I'd definitely spring for the boxed set. The complete sessions has some tracks that appear on some other albums like Big Fun that IMO are right up there with the official LP.

You might also want to check out In a Silent Way and/or the Complete In A Silent Way sessions.

Archived