Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Will McFarlane's 30 second guitar lessons on Youtube

JeffLearman

Will McFarlane is a R&R Hall of Famer, inducted as part of "Muscle Shoals & Friends". An amazingly good blues guitarist and great guy too. He's a big supporter of local music and even frequents the local blues jams, much to everyone's delight. Definitely the best guitarist I've shared a stage with, or even shaken hands with for that matter.

He's started a series of YouTube videos, 30 second guitar lessons. Mostly stuff most folks here will already be familiar with, but definitely worth a listen.

Here's the first one. Just search Youtube to find the others.

[video:youtube]

He also has a Facebook page where he posts each new vid.

Check it out

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Will McFarlane is a R&R Hall of Famer, inducted as part of "Muscle Shoals & Friends". An amazingly good blues guitarist and great guy too. He's a big supporter of local music and even frequents the local blues jams, much to everyone's delight. Definitely the best guitarist I've shared a stage with, or even shaken hands with for that matter.

Kewl!

But I've often wondered if he ever catches a chill in that skirt he wears.

:snax:

http://www.enjoymore.net/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/willmcf.jpg

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

Hi Tommy, I don't want to know anything about that.

Understood. :)

I would like to hear him... but I seem to be trapped, living under this rock. :(

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I wondered why Will would show up on the KC. :laugh:

He's an old and dear friend. Met when he was with Bonnie Raitt even before he came to Muscle Shoals. We go way back and played together on more records than I can count. I actually heard today that he has moved back to Shoals after a long time in NC.

For accuracy's sake, I think he's a member of the Musician's Hall of Fame (not the R&R in Cleveland), not that that's any lessor of an achievement.

Don't rush me. I'm playing as slowly as I can!

www.stevenathanmusic.com

https://apple.co/2EGpYXK

Yes, he's moved away from Durham but he still shows up here fairly often. And thanks for the correction -- evidently I had that wrong all this time. It'd be a real treat to hear the two of you play together!

Tommy, he just played here a week or two ago Friday, but I missed it. My wife and I were planning to go but she'd had a long week and I let her wimp out. Next time I hear he's playing I'll give you a shout. The guy who usually plays keyboards with him ofen lets me sit in on the last number (I think it's a tune he doesn't care for, lucky me!)

For accuracy's sake, I think he's a member of the Musician's Hall of Fame (not the R&R in Cleveland), not that that's any lessor of an achievement.
I would say that's a greater achievement
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Archived