Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Some Organ for you!

Carver

A buddy lent me his Xk3 and leslie last week for a little blues gig. I've never been much of an organ player, but I have seriously been bitten by the bug. I've been pricing B3s for a week now...I'm sensing my bank account getting much smaller in the near future.

Here's a little clip of said gig. Organ stuff kicks in around 2:11. I guess I managed to finesse some decent sounds out of this considering my inexperience with drawbars and the fear of my friends x stand collapsing and crushing my legs. :) Just thought I'd share...

[video:youtube]

Constantly striving to measure up to the quality of my gear

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Unless you plan to keep it at home - why a B3?

XK3c or Electro 3 or PC361 or Mojo - would be a LOT easier to gig with. (and NONE of them HAVE to be supported on an X stand).

Let the GAS build up completely - THEN add the B3

Howard Grand|Hamm SK1-73|Kurz PC2|PC2X|PC3|PC3X|PC361; QSC K10's

HP DAW|Epi Les Paul & LP 5-str bass|iPad mini2

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

Jim

Pics from setting up a couple of gigs ago. Fairly average juke joint. You don't want to gig with an organ. We did it in the day because we had to. One or two steps is easy. Just lift one end pull it up on the stage then pick up the other end and push. One guy can do it. But a lot places have these 3-4' tall stages. That sucks.... and it gets much worse sometimes.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/DSCF0117.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/DSCF0118.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/CEB2/DSCF0119.jpg

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Yeah a B3 would stay in my studio(which is where I do most of my work these days). I have a Nord Stage that I usually gig with in lieu of lugging around my Rhodes, so I'm hoping it will pull double duty with the live organ stuff. I'm definitely going to add a leslie cabinet to my live rig though. It looks like this blues gig is going to be a regular thing, so I want to make sure I have a nice organ rig available without having to borrow gear.

Make sure you protect the shit out of that Leslie if you get one, remember they were never meant to be moved. Unless its a beater Leslie try to get a road case if you can with casters.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

If you have the coin and don't mind spending money get a 3300. That is what is was built for. The 3300 can purr or it can scream like a ***** on wheels.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Here's a little clip of said gig. Organ stuff kicks in around 2:11. I guess I managed to finesse some decent sounds out of this considering my inexperience with drawbars

Not too shabby... sounded good to us here in the office.

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Here's a little clip of said gig. Organ stuff kicks in around 2:11. I guess I managed to finesse some decent sounds out of this considering my inexperience with drawbars

Not too shabby... sounded good to us here in the office.

:laugh:

Thanks! Glad you dig it.

If you have the coin and don't mind spending money get a 3300. That is what is was built for. The 3300 can purr or it can scream like a ***** on wheels.

For sure. Thats what I was playing through in the clip, and I'm in love. Plus the size/weight is a little more manageable than the old school ones from what I hear.

Just curious, what was your drawbars set up on that?

I really don't know for sure, but I think it was something like

888000000 in the first part...then

888067888 in the 2nd part.

I used the C3 setting with some OD and no perc. I'm a total noob to the organ stuff though, so take that with a grain of salt! :)

Archived