Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Hollow Sun Wurlitzer 120

Dana.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sweet. The text mentions the amplification differences between the 100 series and the 200 series but not the times themselves, which are different as well. And thus one reason why the 120 doesn't sound like a 200a.

30 euros? If I had Kontakt, I'd be all over it.

NOTE : It will work with the Kontakt Player but only in 'demo' mode and the session will be time limited.

That seems kinda moronic. What a way to guarantee a limited market, with Jim's case being a prime example. I wonder why it won't fully work in the player?

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

That seems kinda moronic. What a way to guarantee a limited market, with Jim's case being a prime example. I wonder why it won't fully work in the player?

Because Hollow Sun hasn't paid Kontakt to have it formatted for the player. Apparently this is an additional cost. Same deal with SampleTekk's products.

If Hollow Sun had to pay the Kontakt Player licensing fees this library would cost significantly more, which would also limit the market. I appreciate libraries like this that can easily be used a slave computer or Receptor without activation hassles.

For better or worse, Kontakt is ubiquitous. It's also really, really damn good. Of all the NI stuff, it's the one worth having. If you're working with sample libraries, it's a necessity.
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

The Tubelitzer....what a way to go to get that incredible Wurlie 120 sound! And they have added tremelo too which was not available on the original 120 models. The 120/140 Wurlies played thru the Magnatone Stereo Vibratto amps was a favorite of many rock and blues players back in the late 50s and early 60s.

For better or worse, Kontakt is ubiquitous. It's also really, really damn good. Of all the NI stuff, it's the one worth having. If you're working with sample libraries, it's a necessity.

I'm not sure you can still buy Kontakt on its own. For 5 bills, Komplete 8 is a pretty sick deal (which includes Kontakt, the Scarbee EPs & a boatload of other stuff).

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

Archived