Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Got any original music you want to share for use on YouTube?

stepay

I told my 11-year-old son that I would ask. He's a diver and trampoliner who currently is putting lots of videos up on YouTube. See here - http://www.youtube.com/user/stepayyy?ob=0&feature=results_main

Seems that even though they've allowed copyrighted music in the past, that this is becoming more frowned upon than before (something I'm in agreement with actually), so any of you have some music that an 11-year-old who likes Skrillex and System Of A Down might want to attach to his stuff? You'd get credit in the description somehow (not sure if YouTube allows URLs there or not, but we'd do that if so).

I could let him use my music, but it's not cool enough of course.

He has bought every bit of music he's used in the few videos of his that have music, but that's not good enough (and I agree).

Steve (Stevie Ray)

"Do the chickens have large talons?"

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My work is covered by a Creative Commons "attribution non-commercial share-alike" copyright notice.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5

I highly recommend Creative Commons labels, which make it easy for folks to understand what's allowed and what's not.

However, my music is not nearly cool enough for your son's purposes. :laugh: One piece was used by someone submitting a video for some kind of academic competition; I was honored because I saw her vid and it was considerably more impressive than my music.

Go to some place like Big Fish Audio and buy some vibes he likes and the two of you put together some tracks for his projects. The downloads will cost you a little money, but this is the only time you'll be able to put some tracks together with an 11 year old aspiring filmmaker/composer/producer.

Archived