Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Korg SV-1: from GAS to pass?

Dana.

ProfD - if and when you get your hands on an MP7, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I'm on a campaign to track down the old USB MIDI driver for the Mac OS X 10.4.11, since that's the OS on my laptop. Anyone got it handy?

My desktop Mac is more modern, but I wouldn't be taking that on the road now, would I?

I don't know *why* a legacy driver would be yanked off of Korg's website. Taking up too much space?! Driver also doesn't appear in the google nets, afaik.

Strangely, the sole national dealer/distributor here who would sell me the SV-1 can't seem to get a response from Korg Japan (?!) on this, after a week.

For a product that was billed as, "No screen! Do the editing on your PC instead - it's way better," the legacy drivers should be memorialized in the Smithsonian, for crying out loud.

Just to be clear - I need the driver that does *not* require Intel. That would be version 1.1 or perhaps anything prior to v1.2.

There's a posted version of the Editor (1.1) that works for me. But without a driver, it's useless.

In the meantime, while I'm still testing keyboards in the process of making a choice, I'd noticed a lack of filesharing hangouts for the excellent MP7/MP11 platform. For "Setups," i.e. those km6 files. So, I went ahead and created a shared folder on Dropbox for everyone to use (PM me your email for the folder link), as well as a sharing group on Facebook:

Kawai MP Users Group

Korg SV-1. I distribute and upgrade 10-string harps.

NEW, for Kawai MP Users--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMPusers/

Formerly: Fender Rhodes MkII, Roland Juno 6, Waldorf Pulse+.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update: A guy over at Korgforums has a 2009 disc, but could only see the Windows files. I thought the Mac files are probably on there, but "invisible." So he made a disc image, uploaded it, and when I unzipped it there was the 2009 USB Midi driver for Mac OS X 10.3.9+.

So, I'm editing sounds now with the SV-1, and we'll see how I feel about it vs NE4HP and K MP7 after some time, and whether I'll make a change.

Thanks to all for sharing your thoughts. Much appreciated! :-)

Korg SV-1. I distribute and upgrade 10-string harps.

NEW, for Kawai MP Users--> https://www.facebook.com/groups/KawaiMPusers/

Formerly: Fender Rhodes MkII, Roland Juno 6, Waldorf Pulse+.

Archived