Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Get well soon, JpScoey!

Aidan

Some of you will have noticed that the name of your friend and mine JpScoey has been somewhat absent from KC for a while.

Unfortunately, John has been far from well and during the two or three months has been in and out of hospital for various tests and treatment. To add to the agony - literally - he's been in a great deal of pain while he waits for a date for hip surgery.

John called me on Friday to tell me he was back in hospital and expects to be there at least through to next week. He mentioned that he'd managed to have a quick look at the forum with his phone, although it wasn't exactly the ideal interface.

I've met John on several occasions and he's a great guy, so I thought I would take this opportunity to embarrass the hell out of him by posting this.

http://www.goldstraw.com/images/gws.gif

P.S. I know you always wanted one of these ^^^^^^^ but this is the best I can do at current eBay prices!

Studio: Yamaha P515 | Yamaha Tyros 5 | Yamaha HX1 | Moog Sub 37

Road: Yamaha YC88 | Nord Electro 5D

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey John.

Get well, my friend! There's lots of music to be played, gear to be tried and lively discussions to be had. We'll be here when you feel up to all the above!!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!!

Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

Many thanks to all of you for your well-wishes.

They have not gone unnoticed, and are very much welcome, appreciated, and thankfully recieved -

I'm very moved, and a bit overwhelmed to be honest.

The last several months have been a struggle health-wise, and Aidan is far too polite a man to speak on my behalf,

but the consultant at the hospital last week put my life-expectancy at one to three years,

so, as you can imagine, my head has been somewhat messed-up recently.

I was, however, given a ray of hope that if I lead a heathier lifestyle, abstaining from alcohol,

eating proper food, etc, my chances will be improved.

Thanks again, and god bless you all.

John.

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Wow John. I guess that'll motivate a few lifestyle changes, huh? Godspeed to you as you embark on the journey ahead. I can only guess it'll be day at a time. Hopefully your fellow forumites can keep you laughing and gassing. I know they say the former is good medicine. Not so sure about the latter. :blush:

Either way, I'll hope you'll be comfortable in keeping us posted on your progress.

greg

Custom Music, Audio Post Production, Location Audio

www.gmma.biz

https://www.facebook.com/gmmamusic/

but the consultant at the hospital last week put my life-expectancy at one to three years,

so, as you can imagine, my head has been somewhat messed-up recently.

I was given 2 weeks to live, with a 2% chance of survival. That was in 2004. :laugh: I'll admit, I was on the cusp for a while.

Both of us have a lot more music to make. Do me a favor: bookmark this thread. Come back to it in 5 years, and I promise to do the same. :thu:

Archived