Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

At Least It's Free Shipping!

plangentmusic

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never liked the neck pocket identification system. I can understand making the marks there from an aesthetic and manufacturing perspective but it always seemed like a very destructive way to get details about an instrument. If it was metal on metal I wouldn't see so much fault with it but it's two pieces of wood held together with screws and over time and several inspections the joint is never the same.

I'd rather have a "player" instead of a museum piece. Also, if it's 1000% original, I'd expect ten of them. I'm literal like that. Based solely on the 1000% comment I'd like to put a booger on it and offer him $1200. Of course I'd expect to be beaten over the head with the nearest object worth less then $12,000 but in many ways I think it would be worth it.

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

I never liked the neck pocket identification system. I can understand making the marks there from an aesthetic and manufacturing perspective but it always seemed like a very destructive way to get details about an instrument. If it was metal on metal I wouldn't see so much fault with it but it's two pieces of wood held together with screws and over time and several inspections the joint is never the same.

I'd rather have a "player" instead of a museum piece. Also, if it's 1000% original, I'd expect ten of them. I'm literal like that. Based solely on the 1000% comment I'd like to put a booger on it and offer him $1200. Of course I'd expect to be beaten over the head with the nearest object worth less then $12,000 but in many ways I think it would be worth it.

I agree -- every time a neck is removed it compromises the integrity of the construction.

JAZZ UN-STANDARDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE4FoJ4Cr4&feature=related

DON'T FEAR...THE REVERB! 60's Instrumentals with MORE BASS!

I'm sure when it was being assembled and noted with the date at the factory, no one ever dreamed that the date of assembly would ever be of any importance 50 years in the future.

Rocky

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb, voting on what to eat for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb, contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin

Looking at the color of the paint in the neck-pocket, it sure looks more brown-based (brown to yellow-ish) than the outside finish. Something just screams 're-fin' to me. I'm probably wrong, but it just doesn't look close enough to be genuine.
Play. Just play.

You know the Fender Custom Shop boys can build you one for less. They can copy everything down to the last belt buckle scrape and cigarette burn and you really can't tell the difference.

(playing in the background: TV theme from the "Six Million Dollar Man") :wave:

You know the Fender Custom Shop boys can build you one for less. They can copy everything down to the last belt buckle scrape and cigarette burn and you really can't tell the difference.

(playing in the background: TV theme from the "Six Million Dollar Man") :wave:

They can make a baseball exactly like the one that Babe Ruth hit for his 60th HR too. lol It's about the rarity. And sure, those old basses were great, but I have a 87 62 P re-issue and I dare anyone --ANYONE -- to tell the difference between that and a 62. It's the same exact bass. Nitro finish, brazilian rosewood fingerboard -- everything. Back then then even used some of the old parts. But it isn't worth as much as a 62, just a comparable wine from 2002 isn't worth as much as one from 1942.

Personally, I think guitars are meant to be played, not collected and sealed away in a vault.

JAZZ UN-STANDARDS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vE4FoJ4Cr4&feature=related

DON'T FEAR...THE REVERB! 60's Instrumentals with MORE BASS!

Archived