Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

RIP WHITNEY HOUSTON

Bluesape

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
R.I.P. Whitney. Prayers to her family as well. I am not trying to sound like a cynic but is anyone really shocked or surprised by this? So many people are speculating that it was drug related- I hope it wasn't but.......... it seems that so many creative and talented people meet their end at the hand of substance abuse. I simply pray that the foolishness (and it is asinine and totally foolish) to be destroyed by chemicals. Less I rant before angry tears begin :mad:

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

More saddened then surprised. Charlie Sheen's obit won't surprise me, nor Lindsay Lohan's, nor Keef's for that matter, but the sense of loss and waste will be no less palpable.
Never a DUH! moment! Well, almost never. OK, OK! Sometimes never!

Very sad news. I always liked her voice quite a bit, even though I never had any of her albums or anything; I wasn't a fan per se, but I loved her voice- I thought she should have gone more into jazz...

I really liked how she sang here, in a film that I wouldn't typically have seen:

[video:youtube]

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

A quote from early John Kay seems appropriate here; "God D*** The Pusher!" even if she didn't OD, there's little doubt that her drug abuse contributed to her early demise.

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

A candle in the wind....

I think Whitney left us a while back... she was amazing and personally I don't think there is anyone that compares to her vocal abilities when she was at the top of her game. So sad.

Rest In Peace Whitney...

SEHpicker

The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it." George Orwell

Very sad, I'll go ahead and say it: she was fine until she hooked up with Bobby Brown right? I recall her a few years back at the Grammys, totally emaciated and obviously higher than a kite. What a waste.
I was born at night but I wasn't born last night...

Great voice, beautiful and alluring, and there was just something about her people loved and couldn't get enough of... by the early 90s she was a superstar and just a huge deal. A bandmate showed me this... an early track by Bill Laswell's art funk band Material, with a young unknown Whitney doing vocals on a cover of a Soft Machine song (!!!):

[video:youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_rId-X64hg

Archived