Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes his neck still hurts. He is a football player, his entire body hurts.

Like I tell my son, You just think all your injuries are healed, just wait injuries return in another 15-20 years.

PS - I really thought he would have ended up in Arizona.

Yeah, those injuries don't go away. They creep up. Or if they are like my lower back, they just don't go away.

I guessed a while back in this thread that he'd go to the Broncos. Or at least, that was my first guess. Arizona was my second guess, although I thought SF might also be interested. I didn't see the Titans as a viable option, but he seemed to consider them quite a bit.

It's funny how they've already handed the AFC West, if not the Super Bowl, to Denver. Maybe they should wait until seeing Manning throw a damn pass first.

IF....IF he's healthy and stays healthy, they've got a great shot at it.

But there's a lot of other really good football teams waiting to get back to playin' ball.

Yeah, there's a reason why they play the games. Last year, the hype was around the Eagles; and we saw how that turned out.

Absolutely. That said, do you know a single person who actually thought the Eagles would contend for the championship? I sure didn't.

But as a Denver fan, I like the thought of Peyton in a Broncos uniform. I'm not convinced he should be playing; but if he's going to do it anyway, then it might as well be for Denver.

As for Tim Tebow, he has my thanks for firing the Broncos up and helping turn last season around. I'm sure his positive attitude will help him through this setback.

Elway was never really sold on Tebow anyway, so this gives him an out.

That said, who would want Tebow? I've heard some talk about New England getting him....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1110930-nfl-bold-prediction-tim-tebow-will-be-traded-to-the-new-england-patriots

It's funny how they've already handed the AFC West, if not the Super Bowl, to Denver. Maybe they should wait until seeing Manning throw a damn pass first.

But there's a lot of other really good football teams waiting to get back to playin' ball.

Look, let's be realistic here...

Tim Tebow led the Broncos to an 8-8 record and WON THE DIVISION.

San Diego - worse.

Oakland - the same.

KC - the same.

Even 60% of Peyton Manning is a huge upgrade over the Fullback with a QB number, especially now that everyone in the league understands how to stop him (KC and NE both laid out the blueprint).

What makes you think they can't win that division again, barring Manning getting knocked completely out? It's not like they can't sign Dallas Clark to replace Daniel Fells (who NE poached, making their 3-TE sets this season downright frightening)...

Look, let's be realistic here...

Tim Tebow led the Broncos to an 8-8 record and WON THE DIVISION.

San Diego - worse.

Oakland - the same.

KC - the same.

Even 60% of Peyton Manning is a huge upgrade over the Fullback with a QB number, especially now that everyone in the league understands how to stop him (KC and NE both laid out the blueprint).

What makes you think they can't win that division again, barring Manning getting knocked completely out? It's not like they can't sign Dallas Clark to replace Daniel Fells (who NE poached, making their 3-TE sets this season downright frightening)...

1.) I was more reacting to the Super Bowl prediction, which is premature at best, and not even close to being a sure thing even with a healthy Manning. But again, if you look, if Manning is healthy, I said "they've got a great shot at it (the Super Bowl).

2.) If Peyton goes down for the year due to injury and they've already traded Tebow, the chances of winning even the division is not that great.

I'd say that's realistic.

Hell, I mentioned that I thought Manning was going to Denver about ten days ago before he started visiting any teams, so I'd say I've been quite realistic so far.

What makes you think they can't win that division again, barring Manning getting knocked completely out?

I never intimated that they can't. I would say that I'd reserve judgement until we see him play full-speed in a real game.

But as a Denver fan, I like the thought of Peyton in a Broncos uniform. I'm not convinced he should be playing; but if he's going to do it anyway, then it might as well be for Denver.

As for Tim Tebow, he has my thanks for firing the Broncos up and helping turn last season around. I'm sure his positive attitude will help him through this setback.

That said, who would want Tebow? I've heard some talk about New England getting him....

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1110930-nfl-bold-prediction-tim-tebow-will-be-traded-to-the-new-england-patriots

Oh man. The Pats would be unstoppable with Tebow becoming the final piece of the devastating 4-TE offense.

Oh man. The Pats would be unstoppable with Tebow becoming the final piece of the devastating 4-TE offense.

In the back of my mind, I'm thinking Tebow for a 3rd rounder (about all the Broncos are going to get) just to be a HB/FB that can actually throw the flea flicker better than most NFL backs - well enough to make it a legitimate threat every time he touches the ball - and the fact that he hits the line like a FB would make it a good trade.

Grooming him to replace Brady? Nah. Mallett is much more likely to wind up Tom's successor.

The fact that Josh McDaniels is back in New England as OC certainly makes Tebow a definite possibility in NE, seeing as how McDaniels was the reason Denver drafted him in the first place. There's certainly the potential for some interesting play-calling there. I would envision him basically being a sort utility back. I wouldn't expect him to be throwing many passes. With Green-Ellis, Woodhead, and the young guys like Ridley and Vereen already loading down the RB positions, I don't see the Pats going out of their way for him either. It would have to case of getting him for a bargain.

The Broncos may want to hold onto him. If I were Elway, I wouldn't be so quick to shop Tebow, even after signing Manning. There are obviously questions marks surrounding Peyton's ability to perform given his age and what he's recovering from. It may not be financially feasible, but even if Manning is on point, Tebow could still be useful as a back-up for, well...the exact same reasons why NE might want him.

Honestly, I'm starting to get a "fuck the Broncos" attitude.

Starting to?

Well, I've never had any love lost for a division rival. But this crowning of the championship to the Horsies six months before the season starts? Now I've got an actual reason to dislike them even more. :)

Yeah, him and every other sports wag with an Internet connection.

Honestly, I'm starting to get a "fuck the Broncos" attitude. NO ONE THOUGHT WE COULD WIN, RAIDERS! NO ONE!

:D

Hue thought the Raiders would win the AFCW last year. :D Hey, it almost worked out.

The "Peyton makes the Broncos champions (of the AFCW or AFC - whatever) now" contigent bring up the D and running game. Couple of problems with that line of thinking:

1. Quite a bit of that running game was provided by Tebow personally.

2. That same Bronco D was shredded by high-level QBs (Stafford, Brady, Rodgers). Your D has to be able to deal with QBs at that level to win any championship (NFL or conference). On the other side of the ball, if they do bring in Dallas Clark, Jeff Saturday, and Mike Wallace that might, I suppose, bolster the O enough to compensate for the D's shortcomings.

Honestly, I'm starting to get a "fuck the Broncos" attitude.

Starting to?

Well, I've never had any love lost for a division rival. But this crowning of the championship to the Horsies six months before the season starts? Now I've got an actual reason to dislike them even more. :)

Well then, I'm glad you have an actual reason--although you seemed to do pretty well without one before... ;)

1. They can't be in the same division as my team. I will never, ever, root for the Broncos under any circumstances.

Wow! Any circumstances?

Nope. I'm talking, Broncos vs Taliban, I'd wrap a towel around my head and start ululating. :laugh:

:D

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

I'm just glad we may get to see how good Eric Decker really is..... if he doesn't get hurt again.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

www.nfl.com reports two major news:

Saints Payton to be suspended without pay for one season,

and Tebow to the Jets for a 4th rounder...

ai ai, glad I stopped liking the Jets!

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

The Broncos may want to hold onto him. If I were Elway, I wouldn't be so quick to shop Tebow, even after signing Manning. There are obviously questions marks surrounding Peyton's ability to perform given his age and what he's recovering from. It may not be financially feasible, but even if Manning is on point, Tebow could still be useful as a back-up for, well...the exact same reasons why NE might want him.

You can probably tell by my previous posts that I completely agree with you. The one reason I can think of not to keep him would be to run the Tebow circus out of town.

and Tebow to the Jets for a 4th rounder...

ai ai, glad I stopped liking the Jets!

I don't get it. The Jets ended the season with a locker room in disarray, so they add this? I have three emoticons for this, though I'm not sure which best carries my reaction: :rolleyes::facepalm::snax:

Good job by the NFL. Williams should never stand on a sideline again.

However, this brings up something interesting. It is likely that the Saints will not be able to reach the Super Bowl this coming season. Guess where it will be hosted?

New Orleans.

This past season, the Colts had no shot. The Super Bowl was held in Indy.

The previous season, Tony Romo was injured, removing the chance the Cowboys had of making the big game. Host city? Dallas/Arlington.

Yeah, I know the Cowboys one is a stretch, and I know there's a chance the Saints will "play through" this and win it all, but the penalties might be too devastating. Also, I'm not superstitious or anything, I just found it interesting.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Archived