Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

Megatron strikes it rich:

Calvin Johnson signs $132M deal

Best,

Geoff

That, my friends, is complete and total insanity. I don't care if he can catch a pass in triple coverage. If he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm to get it to him, he is worthless. Ask Randy Moss.

Stafford no longer plays QB for the Lions?

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Best,

Geoff

That, my friends, is complete and total insanity. I don't care if he can catch a pass in triple coverage. If he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm to get it to him, he is worthless. Ask Randy Moss.

My point is, $20M is too damned high a cap number for someone who can't win a game for you by himself.

Chargers brought back Jared Gaither. Whew! Pass protection issues at left tackle had a lot to do with Rivers' streak of poor performances last year, although he'd never admit it. That came to and end when Gaither was brought on board. Thanks again, KC, for cutting him mid-season for one false start penalty!

I also like the additions of two more ex-Ravens to bring more toughness to the trenches - fullback McLain and a run-stopping OLB.

Best,

Geoff

My point is, $20M is too damned high a cap number for someone who can't win a game for you by himself.

Oh. I was confused by the "he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm" part. I'm glad the Chargers didn't spend similar money on VJ to beat the Bucs' offer. I don't have the exact numbers but not spending on VJ probably helped pay Gaither and Hardwick to return, as well as net a young, but experienced big play WR.

You don't have permission to access /9418/Sports-basketball-G-L/Los-Angeles-Lakers/Los-Angeles-Lakers-Logo-8619153.jpg on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

:P Nice try, big B.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Oh. I was confused by the "he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm" part. I'm glad the Chargers didn't spend similar money on VJ to beat the Bucs' offer. I don't have the exact numbers but not spending on VJ probably helped pay Gaither and Hardwick to return, as well as net a young, but experienced big play WR.

Yeah, I realized afterward that it wasn't exactly a clear statement.

What worries me is Welker trying to extort that kind of money out of the Pats. He should know just from experience in that system that Tom is going to throw to whoever is open, and historically that means his production is far more dependent on Brady's reads than his own talent level...

Wow, that's weird. How about now? It should be fixed.
Oh yeah, that's *much* better. :rolleyes::D

Coulda at least went for a 'hawks logo.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Mario Williams signing will probably be the lead story in our newscast tonight. The team trains a few miles from my house so it's big news around here. I give the Bills front office a lot of credit. Apparently, he cancelled plans for a NE visit which could have easily been a negotiating move.

again, i dont understand...isnt it worth giving up a couple of million to sign with a superbowl contender?

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

again, i dont understand...isnt it worth giving up a couple of million to sign with a superbowl contender?

Obviously not, to some players.

There was a high profile professional athlete who recently caused a stir by admitting he was in it for the money, not for winning a championship. I forgot his name though.

It's easy to decide when it's some else's millions. :D. If Williams is healthy and productive, it will be his team and his town very quickly though Buffalo is a smaller market. Williams pressuring Brady and Sanchez 4x/yr could have impact in the division.

While Peyton is mulling over his decision, what team would you go with in his position? Would you stay in your comfort zone and decide to play for another team in your division, like Brett Favre did when the choice was his? Or would you go to a team that won its division and a playoff game last year? Or would you choose Miami or Arizona?

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

The bragging rights for being the highest paid defensive player in history can be quite a lure...

Man, people are throwing around money this week!

Best,

Geoff

I cannot comprehend, for the life of me, why someone would drop 9 figures on an 8-sack-a-year guy who is coming off a major leg injury.

Mario Williams is not an elite pass rusher. Period.

Whoa...

Patriots sign Steve Gregory away from the Chargers... honestly didn't see that coming. Steve isn't quite Rodney Harrison, but he's a solid player who works well within a system.

...and... Chargers sign Eddie Royal instead of the Skins as previously expected. In Royal and Meachem, they have two new big play WRs for the price of one Vincent Jackson.

Yes his neck still hurts. He is a football player, his entire body hurts.

Like I tell my son, You just think all your injuries are healed, just wait injuries return in another 15-20 years.

PS - I really thought he would have ended up in Arizona.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

This is great news if you're a Seahawk fan. San Francisco is in disarray at QB, and we just signed Matt Flynn.

It at least gives us a shot at the division title next year. The upcoming season just got a lot more interesting :D

Alex Smith would have done a good job next season at San Fran but now he just might say screw you 49 ners and go to Miami.

I would unless I'm getting a big raise.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Sports agent Tom Condon represents both Peyton Manning and Alex Smith. So, it will be his job to pick up the pieces and convince Smith to return to the 49ers or find him a better deal elsewhere. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

This is great news if you're a Seahawk fan. San Francisco is in disarray at QB, and we just signed Matt Flynn.

It at least gives us a shot at the division title next year. The upcoming season just got a lot more interesting :D

Seattle has had luck before with a former Packers backup QB named Matt. Things should go well this time too. As a Packers fan, I'm sorry to see Flynn go.

But as a Denver fan, I like the thought of Peyton in a Broncos uniform. I'm not convinced he should be playing; but if he's going to do it anyway, then it might as well be for Denver.

As for Tim Tebow, he has my thanks for firing the Broncos up and helping turn last season around. I'm sure his positive attitude will help him through this setback.

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

Sports agent Tom Condon represents both Peyton Manning and Alex Smith. So, it will be his job to pick up the pieces and convince Smith to return to the 49ers or find him a better deal elsewhere. :cool:

Gee if Smith lands in Miami, maybe the 49ers will want Tebow. ;)

Really though, what a weird turnout if the 49ers lose Smith.

Archived