Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Other sources told SI that if Peyton chooses Denver, Tebow is gone, possibly to Jaksonville...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Other sources told SI that if Peyton chooses Denver, Tebow is gone, possibly to Jaksonville...

Yep, Khan wants Tebow. Elway doesn't.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d827864f9/article/report-broncos-could-deal-tebow-if-manning-signs-on

As for Tebow, PFT reports the Jaguars are interested in his services if he were to become available. Jacksonville owner Shad Khan is a Tebow fan, and is already on record saying he would've pursued drafting the Florida Gator legend if he was running the Jags at the time.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Jacksonville would be the perfect place for Tebow. A loyal Florida fan base and a supportive team owner would be heaven sent. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Time may prove me wrong, but I don't believe there is a perfect place for Tebow, and while he will continue to pull some games out with his legs and heart--and get absolutely inordinate coverage for doing so--he will ultimately be a very mixed blessing for the team that accepts the upside.

There have been other QBs with whom you accept a low ceiling in order to enjoy some very real football benefits. Chad Pennington, pure QB brain and heart, no arm.

But with Tebow, it is truly a Faustian bargain because so much of the upside has little to do with football but rather with buzz, ratings, attention.

If Gabbert had shown a little more in his rookie campaign, I bet Jax wouldn't seem like quite so good a fit for Tebow. But Gabbert was no doubt the least successful of the rookies who saw significant time this year: Newton, Dalton, even Ponder showed a lot more. Locker didn't play enough to say.

For Elway, this is another miracle wrought by St. Tim. The ONE name in the world big enough to give him an out on Tebow came up.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

One other thought: While Ariz provides the big plus of Larry Fitzgerald and a really good offensive-minded head coach, that franchise will ALWAYS have to prove to big name recruits that "we've changed, we've really changed," in a way Denver never has to.

While I am sure Peyton likes the climate in Arizona, the air in Denver might help those gimpy throws along...

Yeah, how strong Peyton's arm is going to be is the real question. I would really hate to see him try to play with a noodle arm and embarrass himself. I'm sure that whoever ends up paying him would like it even less.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Moss could be a good pick up for the 49ers if he really wants to play.

Free agency has started. The first order of business for the Skins...releasing O. J. Atogwe and Mike Sellers. Buh bye. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Trading Marshall didnt make sense if Flynn, let alone Peyton, is coming to town..?

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

V Jackson to Bucs

surprises me... I thought there were other more likely contenders for a Superbowl that he would go to...

He went for the big paycheck instead of the Superbowl shot.

The Chargers immediately replaced him with the Saints' Robert Meachem, who is not as high-profile, and therefore less costly against the salary cap. Meachem was just another big-play threat in a crowded receiver corps full of big play threats - in fact he was Brees' 4th option at best. He'll have a chance to shine as a Charger.

Heck's a poppin!

The read I heard on the Marshall to Chicago trade is that Philbin probably had no room for Marshall with or without Manning. Othewrwise...I mean, well...pretty audacious to clear cap room for Wayne, Clark and/or Garcon (who has signed with Wash?) when Manning's decision still seems so up in the air.

I only kinda overheard this: did Manning have some cold words for Miami's attempt to frame this as "Decision '12" and have "Peyton bring his talents to South Beach." Apparently Manning and Elway broke down film for 6 to 8 hours. That's the kind of meeting Peyton takes. You gotta love that.

Mario Williams was in Buffalo yesterday meeting with the Bills, his 1st free agency meeting. He's in NE today. The Bills can pay him more under the cap and he could instantly become the face of the franchise. He'd make less in NE, it's still Brady's team, but a much faster track to a ring. Who knows?

by Magpel:

The read I heard on the Marshall to Chicago trade is that Philbin probably had no room for Marshall with or without Manning.

The hassle factor also comes into play with Marshall. A story on ESPN radio this morning mentioned Marshall has something of a history as being a woman beater. Apparently, there was a recent altercation in a Club where Marshall punch a woman's lights out. Sometimes its difficult to separate the player from the human being. You don't have to like someone to work with him, but it helps.

Cheers!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Megatron strikes it rich:

Calvin Johnson signs $132M deal

Best,

Geoff

That, my friends, is complete and total insanity. I don't care if he can catch a pass in triple coverage. If he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm to get it to him, he is worthless. Ask Randy Moss.

Best,

Geoff

That, my friends, is complete and total insanity. I don't care if he can catch a pass in triple coverage. If he doesn't have a QB with enough of an arm to get it to him, he is worthless. Ask Randy Moss.

Ahh, you've finally come to grips with the suck that is Brady.... :laugh:
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

Best,

Geoff

Ahh, you've finally come to grips with the suck that is Brady.... :laugh:

He can suck his way to 5 SB's all he wants - exactly 3 more (2 more wins) than the guy that just left your place (OOOOOOOOH!).

Despite giving up so many draft picks, I think the Skins are moving in the right direction if RG3 is their choice.

RG3 will be a great move. You can't strike out on 1st round QBs forever.

I like that having RG3 is paying off already in landing FA receivers.

Now the NFL/NFLPA has to back off of their punitive cap scam. Where were they when Haynesworth stole 21 million? Now they want for us to pay it a second time????

Archived