Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Official NFL 2012-2013 Thread

Geoff Grace

Peyton Manning has been let go and is going *somewhere*. Arizona, Miami, and Washington, SF, even Seattle are the common predictions.

But do you feel Denver is a possibility?

• Replies 971
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jets make sense, but he might feel he would be treading on his brother's toes...Cardinals is my bet...Miami needs him, but will decide on Flynn...Denver is a possibility, but not sure Elway wants more of a circus than he has already...

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Denver is a possibility, but not sure Elway wants more of a circus than he has already...

What better way to rid yourself of Tebow without a major backlash from his devoted fans? Sounds like a good fit to me--from the Broncos' perspective anyway. :cool:

Best,

Geoff

My Blue Someday appears on Apple Music | Spotify | YouTube | Amazon

So, in your opinion, which one of these will end up being the weirdest:

- Joe Montana in a Chiefs uniform

- Johnny Unitas in a Chargers uniform

- Emmitt Smith in a Cardinals uniform

- Brett Favre in a Jets uniform

- Bruce Smith in a Skins uniform

- Peyton Manning in a (XXXXXX) uniform

Jets are a circus. Peyton doesn't need it. After you've played for Tony Dungy, do you really want to play for Rex?

Washington has too many missing pieces in a tough division to be an instant contender. He'd be facing Giants, Dallas and Philly defenses for 6 games.

Is Arizona the only all up-side, no down-side choice in the NFC?

How about Houston takes Peyton, trades Schaub to Washington? It's an easy division to win 8 games.

LA Ram Joe Namath

Jets are a circus. Peyton doesn't need it. After you've played for Tony Dungy, do you really want to play for Rex?

Washington has too many missing pieces in a tough division to be an instant contender. He'd be facing Giants, Dallas and Philly defenses for 6 games.

Is Arizona the only all up-side, no down-side choice in the NFC?

How about Houston takes Peyton, trades Schaub to Washington? It's an easy division to win 8 games.

Arizona has to deal with SF twice a year. That's a serious downside. And Seattle is improving.

The only no-downside choice would be Denver, if Elway has the balls to make the offer.

I just though of something else. Peyton is used to calling the shots. I'm not sure how willing he is to change his ways to fit somebody else's system.

Tom Moore was the OC for the Colts. Tom Moore is now an Offensive consultant with the Jets. The Jets recently hired Tony Sporano as their new OC. New as in, he just got hired.

This all means nothing obviously, but it's there.

Here's the thing - Peyton isn't really a system qb like Favre was, for example. While he has been in one system his whole career, that system was built around the talents of the players, not around a particularly dominant philosophy. Will there be a learning curve? Yes. Will it be a lot less steep than damn near any other qb to play the game? Hell yes. Will he be able to play is the real question of course. If he can play, will he be durable like he used to be, or will he be 'softer' from the year and a half off?
A ROMpler is just a polyphonic turntable.

LA Ram Joe Namath

Completely forgot about that... probably for good reason.

Those (3) for me. Wherever PM ends up won't make a difference in that regard.

I think the best fit is San Fran - great D, pretty good receivers and running backs. If he's healthy, SF would be an immediate favorite to win it all.

That makes a lot of sense if PM and Harbaugh can work together.

PM won't be going to Miami if Philbin is committed to getting Flynn.

A strong case can be made for the Texans cutting ties with Schaub to get Manning. Big play WR and RB and decent O-line and defense already on deck.

I agree, the Skins do not have enough weapons and way too many holes to fill to be an attractive destination.

The J-E-T-S are becoming the Harlem Globetrotters of the NFL. The combination of Rex and Sparano solidifies it. :laugh:

The Seahawks are a young team. I think they would be better off trying to get Jason Campbell especially if the Raiders are committed to Carson Palmer.

Since PM has already stated he's not ready to retire yet. The question becomes how long he plans to play especially if the team doesn't secure any hardware. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Sources: Peyton aims to pick team in week

The only no-downside choice would be Denver, if Elway has the balls to make the offer.

Denver is among the 12 teams that have reached out to Manning's representatives.

Peyton says he prefers to stay in the AFC but is open to playing in the NFC.

Best,

Geoff

Denver is among the 12 teams that have reached out to Manning's representatives.

Best,

Geoff

There's a crazy rumor that Peyton and Eli have a pact to never play in the same conference, which is why Eli refused to play for the Chargers.

I think the best fit is San Fran - great D, pretty good receivers and running backs. If he's healthy, SF would be an immediate favorite to win it all.

I absolutely agree that SF is a compelling location for Peyton, but pretty decent WRs? Gore and Vernon Davis are a good sight better than pretty decent, but Crabtree and Ginn Jr. just have not blossomed into productive NFL WRs. 'Member the 'Niners WR TOTAL output in the NFC championship game was 1 catch for 3 yards.

However, your boy Peyton has a bit of a track record of inventing WRs where there were none before.

Check out the Sweet Clementines CD at bandcamp

Sports illustrated is reporting that the Redskins will give up three first rounders and a second for the ram's number 2 pick...and that the jets also pass on peyton and extend Sanchez for three years..

NORD STAGE 2, IPAD 2 with lots of soft syths

Roland td9 expanded

Guitars, basses, Pod Xtl, GT-10b

Garritan, Reason, Symphonic Choirs , Cubase, Sibelius

Three shelter cats

Peyton visits Denver:

Tebow must face Manning recruitment

Best,

Geoff

I think if Manning went to Denver, Tebow would be gone. Peyton doesn't want to be part of a circus, nor would he want that "threat" from the fans if he has a couple of bad games, especially if he's a little rusty coming out of the gate.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I think Manning could be the missing piece for Denver. He'd probably fit in well with SF as well, although I don't know that he'd end up there.

But hey, there's quite a few teams that Manning will likely visit, so we'll see what shakes out.

I've heard the Peyton - SF thing as well, but I'd find that hard to believe, as well as they did last year and how much support Alex Smith is getting from Harbaugh.

Then again, I'm a sentimental old fool. :)

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Despite giving up so many draft picks, I think the Skins are moving in the right direction if RG3 is their choice.

Now, they have to build around the QB by finding diamonds through lower draft picks, free agency and trades.

Overall, this approach should work better than over-spending on washed up vets and players looking for a golden parachute. :laugh::cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Agreed. A lot of people thought Washington would trade up as they have and not get Peyton for the very reason you mention.

Archived