Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

My band wants to 'get serious', how do we go about that?

scottasin

OMG Sven don't you know I pointed this out like A month and a half ago? Why don't you ever use the search function? :laugh:

Yep, that's why I didn't actually create a specific thread about it, having already discussed it... but I had just had a chat with a kid that thought WOTE was this incredibly creative group who had actually written that tune, so I was posting out of a bit of frustration. ;)

Sorry, my bad. :D

Actually Sven was almost going to be in WOTE but they ran out of guitar.

What we record in life, echoes in eternity.

MOXF8, Electro 6D, XK1c, Motif XSr, PEKPER, Voyager, Univox MiniKorg.

https://www.abandoned-film.com

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The best advice...Nobody is going to come to your shows if they don't know who you are. Work in concentric circles. Start locally. Build up a fanbase. Then extend your circle a bit and start working a bit further away. Build that fanbase.

+1 :thu:

The band should work harder to become the biggest thing in Grand Rapids, MI and let it spread from there.

Definitely use the social media outlets and youtube to broaden your reach.

Scott, the biggest advantage you have right now is youth. Your peers make up the folks most willing to consume live music.

With little or no priorities and responsibilities, you're in a position to put in the grind necessary to make something happen with your music.

You are doing the right thing by reaching out to the collective wisdom of the forum in order to educate yourself hopefully enabling you to avoid certain pitfalls.

To fellow forumites...many of know the music business isn't all rosy. It takes a LOT of hard work to make it. But, I hope that we continue providing Scott with positive advice.

I have more thoughts and suggestions but initially, I want to encourage you to go for it mayne. :cool:

PD

"The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love and be loved in return."--E. Ahbez "Nature Boy"

Archived