Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: small community

rizzo9247

This is a great place. I have learned a ton from you all. You warmly welcomed me and graciously answered my noob questions.

Most of the time I feel more like the mascot or the pesky kid sister than a contributing forum member, due to my lack o' chops and experience, but nobody seems to begrudge me posting here. And I'll always be grateful for those who encouraged & consoled me during my mom's illness. You guys are the best.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is my first and only forum. I don't post a lot because I am not playing at all. Barely even practicing. Hopefully that will change as I am going through a bit of a life change.

Anyway, this place has been great and there are some really good and caring people here. There are also some damn hard headed people here that get locked onto something and just won't let it go. Makes it interesting every once in a while.

I like this place.

How do you sign a computer screen?

I've been around here quite awhile too. I haven't been around as much lately, but it's the only bass forum I participate in- you all have put up with me being a dork for so long (which I appreciate, by the way ;) ) I wouldn't feel right anywhere else.

It may not have the activity that Talkbass does, but it doesn't have as much drama either. That is a good thing. To me, that means that if someone is posting something, it's usually is worth reading.

As far as the newcomers go, it seems to me the ones that struggle most are the trolls and others looking to incite strife.

Nancy, you aren't annoying in the least. One of the great things about this place is that there are seasoned veterans like JC and SW, there are weekend warriors like me and others, there are people just starting out, and there is room for everyone.

"Political language... is designed to make lies sound truthful and murder respectable, and to give an appearance of solidity to pure wind"- George Orwell

Archived