Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Leslie 3300

WheelHead

Just got my new Leslie 3300 today and having a ton of fun playing the Hamichord with the VB3-2 (same as Mojo) with it.

Using my HS expression pedal side switch mounted on HC exp. pedal, I modified with a 1/4" out, to use with the Ventilator relay pedal-box I made in 2010, though the 1/4 out from the expression pedal goes directly in the 3300. (momentary)

Works real well but a bit of getting used too tapping and holding the side foot switch. Obviously, this also will run on my HC 11-pin out. Pulling the signal from the 11 pin (dry) via a 1/4" female soldered to a male 11 Pin along with a TRS out not used, also soldered to the 11 pin male.

This is really built nicely (as many of you know already). Small, cool and loud.

So far - love it!!! Hopefully I don't have old stock when these were first released that had the issues. I would have **very** old stock for that.

W.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If it is new then you should be fine. The first production run had problems with popping horn drivers.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Put a NOS Tung Sol or RCA 12AT7 tube in there and it will really blow your mind!

Thanks. Yeap. Should be getting one later in the week.

Shows (in my case) we can be a bit juvenile at any age. I was like a little kid today waiting for UPS to drop this off. Watching the tracking before that. I went after that box on my deck like a kid going after the largest present, I noticed of myself and chuckled.

W.

It depends on the neighborhood. I do the same thing because we have some out of control kids around the block who might just rip me off.

"It doesn't have to be difficult to be cool" - Mitch Towne

"A great musician can bring tears to your eyes!!!

So can a auto Mechanic." - Stokes Hunt

Put a NOS Tung Sol or RCA 12AT7 tube in there and it will really blow your mind!

Have 3 on order to try: 1. Electro-Harmonix (new) (12AT7) 2. RCA NOS (12AT7) and Tung Sol NOS (12AT7). I will spend a couple of hours or so next week hearing which one I like better.

Meantime. REALLY diggin this Leslie. Have it ported to my QSC subwoofer. WOW!!!

(after saying "WOW!" I also have to say that porting the Ventilator to my 2 QSCs K12s is also a "WOW!". The VB3-2 rotor is also a WOW!! That matched capability and real doppler, air moving of the real Leslie is still ***it*** if one wants to drag it, imo)

I still do not know what I like better in rotor sims with the VB3-2. The internal of the VB3-2 seems better matched with less coloration, clearer scanner, better bass but the ventilator overdrive is 'the ***t'. Ventilator has a slightly better faux-doppler (I invented that word-maybe I didn't). Ventilator has a little more 122 etherial subtlety/ambiance coming off of spin of those weird inner tones and spinning up. Ramp up speed on the V. IMHO Others may hear it different obviously.

W.

Archived