Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

MIDI Question about NS2

Lord_Nord

Hey, I don't have much experience with MIDI, but I was wondering if it would be possible to connect a NS2 with a NE2 since I believe the NS2 only transmits MIDI over USB and the NE2 transmits/receives via MIDI cables. Do I need one of those USB to MIDI connectors?

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As long as we're on MIDI, I borrowed a E3HP Friday night to try on a fill-in gig and loved the action/sounds (Brite Grand). I was going to use it last night with my band, but I play LHB through a dedicated Motif rack and I couldn't figure out how to get the lower split to transmit on a different MIDI channel for the Motif bass. Maybe it can't be done? If not, does the Nord piano have this same issue? Sorry for the Hijack. Happy New Year!

Jim Wells

Tallahassee, FL

www.pureplatinumband.com

As long as we're on MIDI, I borrowed a E3HP Friday night to try on a fill-in gig and loved the action/sounds (Brite Grand). I was going to use it last night with my band, but I play LHB through a dedicated Motif rack and I couldn't figure out how to get the lower split to transmit on a different MIDI channel for the Motif bass. Maybe it can't be done? If not, does the Nord piano have this same issue? Sorry for the Hijack. Happy New Year!

Sorry but it can't be done. The only workaround is if you had a sample that was silent for the left hand of the e3 and then programmed the motif to only respond to that key range. I'm not sure if you can edit the piano samples but you can do it as part of the non-piano samples.

It's a little easier with the organ mode since it can be split between two drawbar settings and one setting could be silent (000 000 000). But in either case you have to restrict the response range of the motif. I do a similar thing with my e3 and Yamaha s90es.

Yamaha CK88, Arturia Keylab 61 MkII, Moog Sub 37, Yamaha U1 Upright, Casio CT-S500, Mac Logic/Mainstage, iPad Camelot, Spacestation V.3, QSC K10.2, JBL EON One Compact

www.stickmanor.com

There's a thin white line between fear and fury - Stickman

NS2 transmits over MIDI and USB simultaneously. Nice that you don't have to choose MIDI or USB. As you scroll through the channels you go MIDI 1-16 then USB 1-16.

My NP88 transmits on 5-pin OR USB, but not both simultaneously. Is the Stage different in this respect ?

Archived