Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

gear you wish you never sold...

rockkeys

Had a Galien Krueger 200mk keyboard amp.

That thing was the BOMB!! about the size of a 15 watt guitar practice amp like the ones they sell in the starter pack around christmas at the stores you guys probably hate as much as me.

Plenty of volume for me, outputs to the board, light as a feather, even filled a small room without going into the pa. # channels, tone and effects onboard, limiting, it was a dream, and I got it for $50

Once it went two techs told me they could fix it so I killed it. Should have kept it an continued the quest to find someone who could figure out a way to ghetto rig it back to life, lesson learned. The things just don't exist. Bought one used off GC.com and it arrived fully blown, you could see the blown speaker from 10 feet away, they couldn't fix it.

anybody got one?

Toys: Hammond SK1, Yamaha Motif ES6, Voce V5+, Virus ti 61, Mason & Hamlin upright, Everett upright, Hammond M3, Korg CX3 analog, Motion Sound Pro145, QSC K10, H&K Rotosphere.. etc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gear sold I regret

Juno 106

DX-7

Fender Rhodes stage 73 with fender twin reverb amp

hammond L100

Kustom amp (the blue sparkle uplostery just looked cool LOL)

wurlizter 200a

Korg CX3 (80's version)

gear sold I dont regret:

Alesis micron

Roland sh101

what I gig with:

Korg CX3 (new) (speakeasy preamp)

Kurzweil Pc1x

Nord lead 2

kbr3d

gear I use to practice with (and prob dont need !!)

Kurzweil K2000

Yamaha AN1x

Moog little Phatty (an indulgence !!)

Hammond M3 (almost done restoring)

Leslie 145 (no more gigging !!)

PC1x, Hammond XK1c, Deep Mind 6, MS500 (gig rig)

Kurz PC4, Mini Moog Model D, Little Phatty, Hammond M3, Leslie 145, viscount op-3, Behringer model D, Roland GAIA.. (home studio)

• 2 weeks later...

My first synthesizer was an Arp Odyssey. When I went into my local music store a year or two after buying it (for $150, I might add), I saw the brand-new Roland Juno-106 sitting there, gleaming. It was the first keyboard I played that had patches already programmed (INSTANT SOUNDS!), and didn't require programming as did the Odyssey -- AND the Juno-106 had more than 2 oscillators. I jumped at the chance to do a straight trade, and while I did enjoy the Juno-106, I regret making the trade to this day (primarily after watching George Duke show how it's SUPPOSED to be played when I saw him with Frank Zappa).

Only one more regret: I sold my Dyno'ed Rhodes 73 Stage piano for $600 nearly 20 years ago. I definitely wish I had never done so, but Life Goes On... ;)

I regret selling my Rhodes, Wurili, my Polysix, and my CP-70B

I used to have a Yamaha SK-10 string machine, but don't miss that nor my Roland RD-300. It had good electric piano sounds, but the piano was bad. I just needed the money to buy new gear Would really like the Wurli back though.

"I  cried when I wrote this song
Sue me if I play too long"

Walter Becker Donald Fagan 1977 Deacon Blues

Regrets? Way too many! The most memorable were:

Yamaha DX 11 4op (brown case w/cute cheesy 4op FM sounds)

Yamaha DX 7 IIfd w/Grey Matter 'e (honestly don't understand to this day why I let this one go) :rolleyes:

Akai AX-60 (6 voice but huge fat oscilators)

Roland Juno 60 (never warmed up to it though I love my Alpha Juno II)

Late model Rhodes Stage 73-(Bought new in 87. I was looking for that suitcase sound I had from an 88 in college but for some reason, this one was an absolute dog! Still wish I had it though for that "Rhodes" mystique)

The memories......... :facepalm:

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

I've told this before but what the heck -

In 1988 I sold my Polysix which I'd programmed extensively. Needed the money at the time and sold it to a drummer who was going to have it in his studio for others to play when they came over to jam. He had no idea what it was; just a keyboard to him. Analog was passe at that time and things like the D50 and upcoming M1 were the rage.

11 years later I'm looking for a cheap second board for some upcoming gigs and wander into the then new Guitar Center. I spot a used Polysix for $300 and buy it on the spot. When I got home I start going through the patches and recognize them. They are the ones I programmed into it 11 years earlier! So she found her way back to me and I'm not letting her go again! Got 'er MIDIed up some time back and she'll be going to select gigs with me this year!

I do wish I'd kept my old MiniKorg (my first synth). They go for a pretty penny today. My DW8000 is on loan to a friend and most keys I sell I try and sell to friends so I can still visit them.

"The devil take the poets who dare to sing the pleasures of an artist's life." - Gottschalk

Soundcloud

Aethellis

Archived