Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Metro Gnome? Chrome Atic Tuna?

Caevan O’Shite

i think Santa could do well to deliver a metronome to some of my friends.

and a tuner.

Ya know, a good way to build timing and tempo capabilities is to play with an echo or delay effect; playing along with and bouncing off of repeats in shorter delay-times, and using longer delay-times as a sort of a metronome.

The former can really build up your syncopation chops, and the latter can be set to infinite repeat of a chord or percussive "chuck"; the variations and applications are only limited to the extent of your imagination.

It's a lot more fun than a typical click or tick-tocking metronome, too!

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I use a metronome to practice percussion, but I like using my drum machine for practicing guitar. It sounds and feels more like playing music, and I can program in beats that my metronome won't touch.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

i think Santa could do well to deliver a metronome to some of my friends.

and a tuner.

Ya know, a good way to build timing and tempo capabilities is to play with an echo or delay effect; playing along with and bouncing off of repeats in shorter delay-times, and using longer delay-times as a sort of a metronome.

The former can really build up your syncopation chops, and the latter can be set to infinite repeat of a chord or percussive "chuck"; the variations and applications are only limited to the extent of your imagination.

It's a lot more fun than a typical click or tick-tocking metronome, too!

i absolutely love playing with delay, and i don't really have any problems keeping it going. in fact it can help create some cool techno style riffs.

Archived