Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Excellent Doors Video Tutorials - Rob on the Keys

HammondDave

One of our forum-mates led me to this video. This is "Rob on the Keys" performing "When The Music's Over" in two parts.

This is an excellent tutorial for anyone wanting to learn this song. He also has videos of "Light My Fire" and "Love Me Two Times".

Now, I am not showing these to show off my samples, so please, try not to jump to conclusions. It's just that he performs this so well, and it is such a good tutorial for musicians looking for Manzarek's techniques, that I can't pass up sharing these with you.

Enjoy!

[video:youtube]

[video:youtube]

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One of the first songs I ever learned as a youngster. :thu:

Me too.. And discovered that even after 40 years I have not been playing it completely right.

'55 and '59 B3's; Leslies 147, 122, 21H; MODX 7+; NUMA Piano X 88; Motif XS7; Mellotrons M300 and M400’s; Wurlitzer 206; Gibson G101; Vox Continental; Mojo 61; Launchkey 88 Mk III; Korg Module; B3X; Model D6; Moog Model D

One of the first songs I ever learned as a youngster. :thu:

Me too.. And discovered that even after 40 years I have not been playing it completely right.

Yeah, and its haunted me for the rest of my keys playing days. It cemented blues licks into my playing that I cant get away from. Well that song and the 4 or 5 other Doors songs I learned early on. Basically most of my solos are direct ripoffs of Ray M.

-Greg

Motif XS8, MOXF8, Hammond XK1c, Vent

Rhodes Mark II 88 suitcase, Yamaha P255

I know what you mean... My wife would always comment "Heard a little Manzarek in that solo you did..." Hey, why not rip off from the best?

Archived