Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Nord Sample Library - Hits and Misses?

Lord_Nord

Still getting the money together for the NS2, but I thought I'd get a head start and get everyone's opinion on what samples from the Nord Sample Library are really good or really bad. If they sound better tweaked, discuss what improvements you made. I know they demo some samples on the Nord site, but they are not the best representations IMO. Personally, I'm most curious about strings, brass, and analog synth emulations. I've heard the Mellotron stuff to death on youtube. If anyone has a link to hear more samples please post.

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, on Nord's own site in the "sample library" section, there are previews for most samples in every category. That's how I make my selections.

That said, I must confess that the Mellotron and Chamberlin libraries are mega-sweet. I also love the OB-8 and the NL2x (Nord Lead 2) samples.

I wish there were more brass and bass guitar samples.

Here you go: http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Sound%20Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Sample_Library

I've spent plenty of time on the sample libraries, but I've heard that some of the better samples are actually not demo'd there. Yeah, the Mellotrons and Chamberlains sound wonderful. I've heard a lot of the samples on youtube and they are very true to the original from what I can hear.

Are the brass samples at least usable? I see they added more not too long ago

A.J. Blues

Manager and Keyboardist

The Tash Brothers Band

www.myspace.com/TheTashBrothersBand

Archived