Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Jimmy Fallon does the Doors

Ed Coury

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was hilarious! He really nailed the whole vibe.

I did a show in Germany many years ago where we would audition US servicemen and women to dress up as their favorite classic rock or R&B act. We would rehearse a couple of times do a couple of shows then move on to the next base or post. Jim Morrison was always a popular choice we'd give the person some 60's garb and a bottle of Jim Beam or Jack Daniels let them ad lib. I don't think any of them nailed the doors as well as that.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

Wicked! I wonder who the backup band was? A Doors tribute band perhaps? Whoever it was even had that Rhodes Piano bass. Talk about authenticity!
Instrumentation is meaningless - a song either stands on its own merit, or it requires bells and whistles to cover its lack of adequacy, much less quality. - kanker

The equipment was from the Doors tribute band Soft Parade, I have read. Also the band was supposedly the Roots in disguise - don't know about that!

The set was an almost exact duplicate of one of the Ed Sullivan appearances that the Doors made, down to the clothes they all wore, the drum kit, etc.

Moe

---

....The set was an almost exact duplicate of one of the Ed Sullivan appearances that the Doors made, down to the clothes they all wore, the drum kit, etc.

I thought that looked familiar...."Jim" even looked directly into the camera when saying "I can go twice as high."

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Wow, that was awesome. If that TV gig doesn't work out,Jimmy could always scrape by on a Doors tribute.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Uh guys , this went viral over a month ago , why are you just getting to it now ? ???? It was cool but thought it could be way funnier . We in my tribute band have a lot of laughs especially about some of the silly stuff ray does these days . Oh he's playing great I mean some of his stage comments and stuff like he sex machine bit before touch me.

Archived