Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Are Korg Triton Pros Still Popular?

V Is For Visitor

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am surprised to see the floppy edition 88 key Pro X units going for close to a grand ebay,

There's a big difference between the "Buy it Now" price and the price things actually sell for on eBay.

:laugh:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

Looks like they have been selling for anywhere between $700 to $1100. I'm shocked they sell for that much considering they don't have a really good piano sound to go with those 88 keys.

Out of the box, yes, but I've tweaked my Triton piano to the point that it actually sounds good onstage with the band. It's no Steinway, but it cuts through the mix quite well.

:laugh:

I had a Pro 76. as a workstation it did what I wanted it to do and more. I wasn't dissappointed with the pianos, because very few sample pianos float my boat.

If you can snag a Triton Extreme rather than a Pro go for it.

I still use one.many pro players in heavy metal still rely on their Tritons and JV's both live and in studio.

I guess mine's still in use because it gets the job done. I played the newer M3 and to me it wasn't worth upgrading. Don't think it has a cult status or something, just a good solid instrument.

Stage: MOX6, V-machine, and Roland AX7

Rolls PM351 for IEMs.

Home/recording: Roland FP4, a few guitars

I guess mine's still in use because it gets the job done. I played the newer M3 and to me it wasn't worth upgrading. Don't think it has a cult status or something, just a good solid instrument.

The Triton is a good, solid instrument... but the M3 really does a lot more. If you only give it 15 minutes on the showroom floor, you'll miss out on what you can do with 16 programs in a combi, along with KARMA and drum tracks.

:thu:

Archived