Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

SM Pro Audio V Machine 2.0

TWB121234

The SM Pro Audio V Machine 2.0 is on sale for $299, and if bundled with the Classic Keyboard collection $449. My guess is that they are blowing out the old inventory and something new will be introduced at NAMM. This deal is apparently only good in North America, and no, I do not work for SM. For more info if interested clonk http://www.vmachineusa.com/

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, in any case they seem to promote this new version 2.0 a lot. Even if their homepage says it came out Dec 4th 2010... typo? I think so - I'm quite sure it wasn't there a couple of weeks ago. Might this mean that they, after all these years, with the 2.0 version, finally managed to produce a software that's stable...? :P

Well - time to download the new software and the new plugin package. Time will tell if the damn thing will hold together this time!

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Have I got this all wrong..? Isn't this a new version at all? The actual software file on my Mac is now dated 6th of May 2010...

Too much stuff, too little time, too few gigs, should spend more time practicing...!  🙄

main instruments: Nord Stage 3 compact, Yamaha CP88, Kurzweil PC4, Viscount KeyB Legend Live

Same old hardware. Might have a new version OS, might not.

What everybody is waiting for is upgraded hardware. This is either a blowout because the long awaited new hardware is imminent, OR a blowout because the company is throwing in the towel, OR a blowout because the retailers are giving up on the company.

Moe

---

What everyone is waiting for is Muse Research to release the MuseBox.

Not if it won't play my plugs. It's cute, but by their own admission, it's not for pros.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

What everyone is waiting for is Muse Research to release the MuseBox.

Not if it won't play my plugs. It's cute, but by their own admission, it's not for pros.

My point is that their hardware is stable unlike (from what I read) the V Machine.

Dude, who shit in your cornflakes this morning?

I have people on-call who'll come over and shit in any meal I designate. :)

I really had high hopes for SM Audio, the V-Machine, and the vaporware V-Rack. They are designed to allow you to load your own VSTis rather than wait until the Most Benevolent Muse deigns to "Receptorize" the plug. The other thing I liked about the V-Rack design was the multiple audio outputs--as found on professional gear back in the olden days.

Muse gets "this close" for me. I love the hardware design, particularly on the Musebox. But the V-Machine gets higher marks for pre-loading plugs that are recognized throughout the industry (and this forum) as higher quality.

I truly hope that SM Audio can get their act together.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

As I understand it - the Musebox will come preloaded with a couple of plugs and you wont be able to load any of your own choice at all. That can be seen as a big limitation. On the other hand - it will probably beat most rompler modules because of A: bigger memory, and B: more important, more types of synthesis (I guess).

But up to this day it's all talk... now they're saying it will ship early 2012... time will tell...

As I understand it - the Musebox will come preloaded with a couple of plugs and you wont be able to load any of your own choice at all.

Is this a change to the original specs when it was announced two(?) years ago?

Discussed at

https://forums.musicplayer.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/2333932/

It looks like the V Machine is more versatile (not limited to its own stock plug-ins), though the particular plug-ins included in the Musebox might still make it a useful (and simpler) sound module... but we'll see, if it ever comes out...

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived