Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Tips needed for B3 tones on "I Shot the Sheriff"

Jon May

There's a lot going on, even if you just concentrate on the organ playing, but how would you capture the general vibe, especially those swelled washes of high drawbars on the Eb to Dm? I'm on E2 + Vent and just took possession of an OB drawbar module yesterday. My first approximation is by fanning the top 3-4 dBars out (to a roughly 2468 shape) with the edge/flat of my hand, and then reversing the move with the back of the hand to push them in. 8883 is constant on the first 4 dBars.
"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK what version first of all? Marley, Wailers, Pluto Shervington, Or Jacob Miller?? What are you doing for the bubble. Remember each manual is set differently but the left hand has to keep moving. Are you playing the line after the chorus? Also remember that there were overdubs.

"Danny, ci manchi a tutti. La E-Street Band non e' la stessa senza di te. Riposa in pace, fratello"

noblevibes.com

But of course (smites head in realisation)! Overdubs plus 2 manuals set differently would add to the variations. Oh and it's the Clapton version. I'll have a search & listen to the others you mention.

I only sorta know one bubble pattern, the alternating L-R-L

(... and 2 and ...)triads a la UB40's "One in Ten". I know...my reggae education is sadly thin.

"I'm well acquainted with the touch of a velvet hand..."

Archived