Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Help! From a MIDI-Moron

Morrislives

Hi all - New here -- but what a great resource! Looked through some of the threads and it looks like (time allowing) I'll be hanging out here. Question...

I'm just getting back into playing [keys] after 20-25 years and blowing off the dust to both my fingers and rig. I currently have a vintage Roland JD-800, a Yamaha S90xs, a Korg CX-3 and a rack mount Motif. What I'd like to do is MIDI the JD-800 into the Motif rack to get some of the MiniMoog sounds from it and utilize the cool pitch/bend wheel on the Roland.

For the life of me, I CANNOT figure out how to do this...and if it's even possible?! Can any of you MIDI Masters steer me in the right direction?

Yeah, I'm WAY Old School. Thanks!

Yamaha S90XS, Moog Voyager Select, Roland JD-800 (MIDI'd to JD-990 Super JD), Korg CX-3, Yamaha YC-45D, QSC K12.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the QUICK reply! But you lost me after the first sentence. I was afraid that it was going to be a little more complicated than, "plug the MIDI out from the JD-800 into the...then start playing."

Guess I'll need a schematic or else start poring over the manuals (which I still have).

Yamaha S90XS, Moog Voyager Select, Roland JD-800 (MIDI'd to JD-990 Super JD), Korg CX-3, Yamaha YC-45D, QSC K12.

Don't ask me why or how, but as soon as I plugged in the cables, my Yamaha went into some MIDI connection screen (I have them all running through a Mackie mixer) and silence from all keys. Hmm...I'll get back to you in a couple of hours :confused:

Archived