Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Advice on PDF sheet music tool for iPad?

RJ.keyman

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sheet music or PDFs in general? I use iBooks for most PDFs, forScore for music PDFs.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

I dig forScore for that. He's added a lot of nice features over time.

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

See my post in Searching for information on this forum (that's how I found the links). Basically, you're just using google to search only this forum - it usually works pretty well.

Dan

Acoustic/Electric stringed instruments ranging from 4 to 230 strings, hammered, picked, fingered, slapped, and plucked. Analog and Digital Electronic instruments, reeds, and throat/mouth.

I really hope iPad 3 has a memory card slot.

+1000! I do the email it to myself trick but its a real pain.

The standard iBook is all I'm using now. If they can put a mini usb on a phone why not the iPad? With that you could use a simple cable and read from a thumb drive!

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

For broad daylight in an outdoor you would need a kindle or nook. Their display is pretty good in bright light. But the display is smaller than an iPad so there are always compromises.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

For broad daylight in an outdoor you would need a kindle or nook. Their display is pretty good in bright light. But the display is smaller than an iPad so there are always compromises.

The Kindle DX gives you the large screen size.

The problem I see with the Kindle is that, while you can load PDFs into it, I don't think there is any way to create arbitrarily ordered lists of PDFs to view (i.e. something to create a set list out of). Having to take the time between songs to locate a particular PDF could be problematic.

I've read that some Nook models can be "rooted" to run standard Android apps, maybe there's an Android app that is more musician-oriented? Though then you are back to the small screen.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone actually using a Kindle or Nook for lyrics/chord charts/sheet music etc. in a gigging situation. Considering the possibility of outdoor gigs, the e-ink would seem to be a real advantage.

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Archived