Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

youtube bassist instructs us

jeremy c

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess it's bad that I agree with this dude. And Robb is right--those jeans really should be tighter.

\m/

Erik

"To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists of breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting."

--Sun Tzu

Yeah, you need to move around when you play--you know, like John Entwistle.

I'm 52 years old. I'm not "dry humping" anything and I certainly am not going to wave my "cucumber" in the faces of anyone, let alone 18 year old girls.

Otherwise, great advice. And that's a cool clock hanging on the wall.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

I remember John Entwhistle still as a tree on stage at the Isle of Wight with a skeleton suit, doing his thing on the bass apparently pretty relaxed while Townsend was all over the place jumping as he used to. So, I guess, moving is not that mandatory, maybe there is a derogation for skeleton suits.

[video:youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR9JaDOXAPM

As for jeans, I was already there: my Levis 511 are as tight as they make them.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

He's on the right point though.

It's not just about playing -- it's about performing.

Entwistle could stand perfectly still while playing because he was, well, Entwistle. And most of the visual space was taken up by Roger, Pete and Keith thrashing around like maniacs, so for John to stand still worked out well for the band's performances.

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

Archived