Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Do you have too many guitars?

picker

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hm, I got "Buy more guitars", too. A couple of years ago, I had 14, went down to 5 (rough year), now I'm back up to 9, but one needs a rebuild, and one was $25. So, let's see, no Tele, no real Strat (I don't think the $25 Squier Mini counts), no P-90's, neither dogears nor soapbars, and while they didn't bother to mention it, I've really been holding out for a double-neck. Wow, what do you know, I'm terribly deprived. Now, I just need to go and explain to my wife exactly why I need to buy at least 4 more guitars, today. If you don't hear from me again, gents, you'll know how that discussion went.

"Monsters are real, and Ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win." Stephen King

http://www.novparolo.com

https://thewinstonpsmithproject.bandcamp.com

If all be told and the wife doesn't see them you can never have to many, I have 23 guitars basses violins , not to mention amps (7), a pa , keys and even recorders and flutes.

Lok

1997 PRS CE24, 1981 Greco MSV 850, 1991 Greco V 900, 2 2006 Dean Inferno Flying Vs, 1987 Gibson Flying V, 2000s Jackson Dinky/Soloist, 1992 Gibson Les Paul Studio,

dear lord, i have 4 completely different stratocasters, single coils, humbuckers, and even p90's, two different kinds of firebirds, two different weird teles, a doubleneck, coil tapping, series/parallel switches , two les paul variants, and sg, a power gig controller, ovation, normal accoustic, fretless, four and 5 string basses in various scale lengths, and i KNOW there's more than that...and don't get me started on amps...marshalls, a bunch of fenders, behringers, pignoses, line 6's, power tools, and the rest...ye gods... and all them pedals, and effects, rack mount, floor mount, in between, synthesizers and interfaces and midi controllers, stomp switches and stompboxes, power supplies, miles of cables...and i know that's just a drop in the bucket...

i'll be doomed to drag thru history like jacob rocknroll marley...

I currently have 25. Everything from Cheap and junky to nice boutique stuff. Acoustics and Electrics. Everyone has a different personality and a name. They are my kids (though I have 2), business partners (we work together on the regular), friends and confidents. Too many? I think not...... ;)

"Life Is Just A Game And They're Many Ways To Play...All You Do Is Choose." SC 1976

Fantom, XP 80, DX7 IIFD w/"E", Ensoniq ESQ 1, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland S 10, Korg Triton LE with EXB, GEM RP2

No, not even remotely nearly enough, even if I had more than ten times what I currently have; and I don't know if it's likely that anyone COULD easily have too many. Seriously; only if you can't string 'em all or get around to playing all of 'em.

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Hahhaahhaahh! OK, Squidward, ehr, I mean, picker, I actually "took the test", and it's pretty funny... ! :D:thu:

http://www.guitarsquid.com/images/stories/Top_Stories/Nov11/GS_FlowChart_TooManyGuitars.jpg

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Has the Guinness Book of World Records ever noted "the world's biggest guitar collection"? In case anyone knows.

I'm guessing it might belong to Metallica. I friend of mine worked on a documentary on them & said there is a very large room at their rehearsal facility with guitars on wall hangers, two high on 2 walls & a row down the middle of the room, 2 high both sides. He said there are more guitars there than he sees in a major city Guitar Center, many hundreds.

Not that it would impress me all that much - it doesn't take talent to buy guitars, only money.

See above.

Scott Fraser

Archived