Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT-Thank a Veteran tomorrow!

MikeT156

Tomorrow is Veteran's Day. Please remember to say "Thank you for your service to our country" when you run into a vet tomorrow. Our armed forces are threatened with weapons that we could only imagine when I served in the military. Recently, a helicopter was hit by a RPG that they probably didn't even know someone was aiming at them on the ground that killed a whole squad of US Marines. They never knew what hit them.

Remember our soldiers but just saying "Thank you".

Cheers,

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up here in Canada we commemorate Remembrance Day, rather than Veterans Day. "Lest We Forget" is the mantra.

Personally, I prefer to thank any member of the military I come across for allowing me the freedom to follow my heart and be a professional musician, every day, not just once a year.

Much respect for those of you who serve(d)... and thanks. :thu:

Thank a vet every day (that you can). Tomorrow just reminds us and makes it official.

Thanks to all!

:thu:

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Rob and Joe:

It's very thoughtful of you to thank a vet "everyday". :thu:

Sometimes you guys make it difficult for me to give you a HARD TIME!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

For both Veterans Day and Remembrance Day: Thank you to all here who have served, and any who are still serving.

And thanks to all veterans, and those still in service, every day.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

USAF, Sgt, EOD Technician. 1973-1977. :wave:

Ammo box full of Plastique explosive (Comp C-4), ready for placement on munitions that are to be disposed of (detonated.)

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/10.jpg

Me holding an unexploded White Phosphorus igniter that failed to detonate. Used to ignite napalm bombs.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/9.jpg

Me getting ready to detonate 20mm aircraft ammo.

I used the C-4 to detonate the 20MM high-explosive rounds that I so casually have draped around my neck. If I tried that now my back would break...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/7.jpg

Steve Force,

Durham, North Carolina

--------

My Professional Websites

USAF, Sgt, EOD Technician. 1973-1977. :wave:

I used the C-4 to detonate the 20MM high-explosive rounds that I so casually have draped around my neck. If I tried that now my back would break...

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a319/steforce/7.jpg

DUDE! :laugh:

Remind me to throw in an extra smiley or two whenever I kid you, 'k? :cool:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

I think it's VERY important for us all to keep up the tradition of paying respect to those

who have sacrificed their lives, or suffered injuries in the cause of freedom from tyranny.

My Great Grandfather was killed at Ypres in Belgium in WW1

His body was never found, but he is remembered on a plaque at the Menin Gate Memorial.

My Father, and my Uncle served in the RAF in India, Burma, Siam (as it was called then) during WW2.

I, for one, will be observing the minute's silence at 11am tomorrow.

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

Fight for freedom? A start kit: Health insurance (Seriously Im a swedish..!)

Well maybe not quite a fight for world freedom evident from the Swedes, but curious story here.

I went to Portugal in 2004 for the European Football Championships.

We stayed at a hotel in the centre of Lisbon, & met many locals (hotel/bar/shop staff/taxi drivers etc).

At that time us English still had a bad reputation for 'football violence', followed by the Dutch & Germans.

Whenever we cautiously asked the locals how they felt about this, their unanimous reply was -

"We love you English... it's the Swedes who cause all the trouble".

John.

some stuff on myspace

Nord: StageEX-88, Electro2-73, Hammond: XK-1, Yamaha: XS7

Korg: M3-73 EXpanded, M50-88, X50, Roland: Juno D, Kurzweil: K2000vp.

USAF, Sgt, EOD Technician. 1973-1977.

Ammo box full of Plastique explosive (Comp C-4), ready for placement on munitions that are to be disposed of (detonated.)

The Formula for quantity necessary is P

P=Plenty!

"Call me what instrument you will, though you can fret me, yet you cannot play upon me.'-Hamlet

Guitar solos last 30 seconds, the bass line lasts for the whole song.

Archived