Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Pickups for an Ibanez

Bruce Flea

Bought an Ibanez ART100 (for no other reason than I had tendinitis and it's fat neck was the cure). Dumped the AWFUL Gibraltar III bridge for a t-matic. Now I need a bridge pickup. Funny thing is I noticed these guitars have the bridge pickup route about 1/4" closer to the bridge than most others (gibby's), which I believe gives it a pronounced upper mid spike (that I don't like). Any suggestions? To date my favorite pickup ever is the Gibson 57 classic plus, but I'm willing to look elsewhere (especially if it's cheaper)
Sorry I'm late. I had to tame a wild honeymoon stallion for ya'.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How 'bout Stewart-MacDonald's Golden Age Humbuckers? They come in humbucker, hot/overwound humbucker, and "Parsons Street" (clones of a specific vintage specimen, with your choice of AlNiCo 2 or 5 magnets, mixed or matched) varieties- and they're very reasonably priced. Just double-check your guitar's string-spacing...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

i actually have a set of late 70's era ibanez pickups, i forget the guitar, but it was way pre-floyd rose..vaguely strat shaped thing it was...

anyways...they are white humbuckers with white surrounds, and the coils themselves are square...really nice sounding if ya need something like that.

I like the 57 classic because it it seems to negate the 'nasal midrange honk' that some cheaper pickups and guitars have. Subtle but I hear it. But the price... Lawdy miss Claudy!. I actually have a Stew Mac GA standard (potted) in the rhythm position. Might just go for that.
Sorry I'm late. I had to tame a wild honeymoon stallion for ya'.

I like the 57 classic because it it seems to negate the 'nasal midrange honk' that some cheaper pickups and guitars have. Subtle but I hear it. But the price... Lawdy miss Claudy!. I actually have a Stew Mac GA standard (potted) in the rhythm position. Might just go for that.

Perhaps their "Parsons Street" model, in AlNiCo 2...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

Archived