Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Moving tips

Andre Lower

Hi there,

I am moving and have to ship my Fantom X-7 plus some rack gear in their respective Gator cases. Cases are the usual roller-cases, made of black plastic with metal rims. The truck journey will be in December and means the equipment should be in the unheated cargo hold for about 24 hs. Is the case insulation sufficient to keep the Fantom (and its LCD display) safe from potential freezing damage? What can I do to improve my chances against low temp, except wait another 24 hs. at room temp. to power it up again (condensation)?

Any one has experience with this? Any horrible stories of cracked LCD displays, etc.?

Thanks,

A.Lower

"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the case insulation sufficient to keep the Fantom (and its LCD display) safe from potential freezing damage?

It came across the Pacific in a cardboard box in a container; you're fine with what you have (see below).

What can I do to improve my chances against low temp, except wait another 24 hs. at room temp. to power it up again (condensation)?

This. No need to wait that long, but definitely open the cases and let the devices return to room temperature on their own (leaving the cases closed slows this process).

Any one has experience with this? Any horrible stories of cracked LCD displays, etc.?

I've done a couple of dozen tours across Canada in the depths of winter with non-insulated trucks and cases, and never had the luxury of a long thaw between transport and power-up, and never had a display crack on me. :thu:

Thanks,

A.Lower

Moving from Ottawa to Oakville-GTA. Had four years of hard time, including being forced out of my profession and never managing to have a band... am now starting over with the profession I had 13 years ago (Transportation Planning Engineer) to move ahead with my life. Hope to get to make music once again.
"I'm ready to sing to the world. If you back me up". (Lennon to his bandmates, in an inspired definition of what it's all about).

It's been along time since you've posted here brother Andre.

Where the hool have you been?

Ottawa isn't that awesome... ;)

Hi Dan,

good to learn someone still remembers me :wave:

Don't mean to hit any local's sensitivity here, but Ottawa was such a blow to my expectations.

Now on to another beginning. Cheers,

A.Lower

Archived