Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: KC Memories

ITGITC

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For those that missed it, I saw the post before he edited it. It was quite long but the quick and dirty recap is ....

Tom went to KC, got drunk, denounced playing keyboards and decided to be a front man for a grunge band. His wife threatened divorce because while she will put up with a keyboardists she refused to suffer the embarrassment of being married to a singer. Back in his hometown his relatives heard he was going through mid-life crisis and and trying life as a drummer. Some of them started the legal process for changing their last names. Dave Brice visited him with a pot of coffee and a pan of lasagna, smiling sweetly while warning him that if he put a drum set in the front of the stage and sang while playing drums he would be banned from Keyboard Corner forever.

After a pot of coffee Tom was heard saying "What'd I do? What'd I do? I was drunk. I don't remember anything!"

To which Sven replied "Google it. Rabid put it all in a post on Keyboard Corner. Search for what-did-Tom-do-this-time."

This post edited for speling.

My Sweetwater Gear Exchange Page

For those that missed it, I saw the post before he edited it.

I heard a different story... he bought a Wersi organ, and stated a solo gig at McDonalds, playing for free McRib sandwiches. He was playing old 70's ballads using a triple strike piano sound, running it all in stereo.

:snax:

When an eel hits your eye like a big pizza pie, that's a Moray.

For those that missed it, I saw the post before he edited it.

I heard a different story... he bought a Wersi organ, and stated a solo gig at McDonalds, playing for free McRib sandwiches. He was playing old 70's ballads using a triple strike piano sound, running it all in stereo.

I heard a different story...he bought a Mellotron, and started a duo gig with Rudess at Home Depot, playing for free duct tapes. He was playing old 80's Neue Deutsche Welle music using a 8 boys choir mixed with flute sounds, running it all on a Roland amp.

"The purple piper plays his tune, The choir softly sing; Three lullabies in an ancient tongue, For the court of the crimson king"

:facepalm:

You guys are so close! :laugh:

Look. If I tell ya, will you promise to keep it just between us? If this gets back to my wife... :sick:

But it won't, right?

The Interwebz is private.

What am I worried about, huh?

:whistle:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

It was Colonel Mustard in the library with a candlestick!! Oh wait, wrong game.
Yamaha C7 Grand, My Hammonds: '57 B3, '54 C2, '42 BC, '40 D, '05 XK3 Pro System, Kawai MP9000, Fender Rhodes Mk I 73, Yamaha CP33, Motif ES6, Nord Electro 2, Minimoog Voyager & Model D, Korg MS10

So the 'chipmunks' I heard, prior to Tom's edit, were evidence that was digitally manipulated to protect the innocent guilty.....

From what I've gleaned, after hours of arduous research, is that Tom came west following a questionable lead on an elusive RMI Harmonic Synthesizer; he was carrying a sizable sum, in cash, to finance his dream. Unfortunately he was overtaken, on the desolate plains of eastern Colorado, by a zealous band of prairie dogs who promptly relieved him of his cash. What he had to do to replace the stolen cash, and return home with his pride intact, is where my research trail began to wear thin. There are stories told of an apparently displaced and deranged individual that haunted lower Denver for a time. Also there were several disturbing, and regretably fatal incidents involving large colonies of

prairie dogs. Those are well documented, and appear to be ritualistic in nature; a bizarre set of mysteries that remain unsolved to this day.

'Someday, we'll look back on these days and laugh; likely a maniacal laugh from our padded cells, but a laugh nonetheless' - Mr. Boffo.

We need a barfing cat emoticon!

Look. If I tell ya, will you promise to keep it just between us? If this gets back to my wife... :sick:

But it won't, right?

The Interwebz is private.

What am I worried about, huh?

:whistle:

What happens on KC stays on YouTube. Sorry :laugh:

Archived