Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Steve Jobs' final words

Richard W

I was in your position a couple of years ago. What haunts me more than her last words are some of the things she told me in the last months and some of the things I didn't say or do that maybe I should have. Life is pretty short.

Luckily for me, Tim, she and I have always had a good relationship, plus she's lived with me for the past 8 years, so as far as I can tell, there is nothing left unsaid. Of course, that's not to say something won't spring to mind after it's too late to say it, but at this point we're at peace with each other.

I was there when my dad passed, and I said what I had to say, although he was in a coma at the time. They say hearing is the last sense to go, but I'm wondering: How would we know this? Anybody who could verify that theory would have already passed on.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want my final words to be "I can't believe we lived so long and so happy... we made it to 105.... " Then my brother will tap me on the shoulder and say "I told you it was unbelievable!... wanna get a beer?"

or.... "oh.... so close!!..."

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

There's a tombstone in the cemetery where we walk the dog, it said "Rest in Pease". And it said the lady was a school teacher. It was like that for a couple years, so we thought it was goof, like "I told you I was sick" kind of thing. But half a year ago it was fixed to say "Peace".

Wish I knew the whole story behind it. It certainly was more fun when it said "Pease".

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

Two baby boys were born on the same day in the same hospital and placed in bassinets next to each other. Their parents take them home and they go about living their lives.

90 years later they are back in the same hospital, in the same room, both of them on their death beds.

One looks at the other and says "So...what'd you think?"

Push the button Frank.

I wonder what this means... Do they see something? Are they reflecting? are they delerious?

Maybe they can use this and we'll know for sure.

"The brain recorders of the future - Imagine that. Capturing your visual memories, your dreams, the wild ramblings of your imagination into a video that you and others can watch with your own eyes."

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

As much as some people would want to be comforted by the people close to them I'm not sure if I would want to do that to them. I think if I was conscious, and knew I only had a few minutes left, I think I would probably end up saying "Can you do me a favor and go downstairs to get me a (whatever)."

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

The last words of a friend of mine, a blind pianist, were "Francesco, do you think bass is too heavy?". He behaved as he was playing or listening to music, says Francesco.

He was such an unbelievably great fellow: two conservatory diplomas and a passion for computers, which are really hard to use for a blind person and especially were in the late nineties with shaky software to help the blind.

As a pianist he was studying the sonata op. 27 n. 2 by Beethoven, a really hard piece, especially if you think that a blind person reads a series of numbers in a braille score, converts to notes, memorizes them and plays. You cannot read while you play, unless you play with just one hand.

He managed to transcribe a lot of symphonies with Cakewalk and a Roland Sound Canvas. He even created his own web site, with just a little help from his computer psychologist friend.

Whenever I think that I have found an obstacle I think of him.

-- Michele Costabile (http://proxybar.net)

I suspect that he may have been pretty well dosed up on Morphine. My mum said some very strange things.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

Archived