Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

OT: Steve Jobs' final words

Richard W

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw this and found it interesting too. My brother's final words (years ago) were/was "unbelievable...". I wonder what this means... Do they see something? Are they reflecting? are they delerious?

When my brother used the term "unbelievable", it had always meant that something was amazing or interesting or really cool... Made me think for a long time....

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Timothy Leary's last words:

"At one point during the day, however, he sat straight up in his bed and said, "Why? Why not? WHY NOT? Why not? Why not? Why not?" about twenty times with different inflections, as he looked into the eyes of each person in the room. At another point, he said the word, "Beautiful," as though he was describing something he was seeing."

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

Makes me think I should start thinking about my last words now -- want to come up with something really good.

I think I'll go with "the money is hidden in......" or something else infuriating. Perhaps something funny like "who f*rted?". In all likely hood it will end up being something like "Oh Shiiiiiiiii......".

If you think my playing is bad, you should hear me sing!

In the last 15 years, I've been with three family members at the moments of their deaths and none uttered a word. My sister, however, did emit the so-called "death rattle," which I can still clearly recall 13 years after the fact. Never heard another sound like it, before or since. Sorry, don't mean to be morbid.

In the article I read, Jobs' sister described him as seemingly exerting himself, as if he were making an arduous climb, and then exclaiming "oh wow" the three times. I hope he saw something beautiful.

"Everyone wants to change the world, but no one thinks of changing themselves." Leo Tolstoy

Makes me think I should start thinking about my last words now -- want to come up with something really good.

I think I'll go with "the money is hidden in......" or something else infuriating. Perhaps something funny like "who f*rted?". In all likely hood it will end up being something like "Oh Shiiiiiiiii......".

My dad, a pilot, told me that the cockpit recordings of pilots that plant their planes in the ground often contain the last words "oh sh*t"... He has come close and he has watched a friend in the plane ahead of him plant into a mountain. Didn;t end well...

"When I take a stroll down Jackass Lane it is usually to see someone that is already there" Mrs. Brown

Rosebud

You can stop now -jeremyc

STOP QUOTING EVERY THING I SAY!!! -Bass_god_offspring

lug, you should add that statement to you signature.-Tenstrum

I'm not sure any argument can top lug's. - Sweet Willie

"Hey, watch this ..."

Reminds me of an old joke:

What are the most common last words of men under 30?

"Hey fella, watch this!"

What are the most common last words of men over 30?

"A skateboard! I haven't ridden one of those in YEARS!"

"Tours widely in the southwestern tip of Kentucky"

A couple years ago, one of our own moderators, Dave Brown, died after a car accident. He was my first "on-line" death, and it kinda rattled me how the death of someone I never met would affect me so. And I'm sure there were things he'd have liked to say to us all but didn't get the chance. So I typed up my "last post" and put it in my will. It'll be cool, 'cause I'll have the last word. Ha!

Jobs: Steven Colbert had a real nice goodbye segment.

Things are just the way they are, and they're only going to get worse.

You know, life has a way of being ironic. My father had five kids and there was never any real mystery that I was his fifth favorite. When I was a kid and a young man we just never got along. That's not at all to say we didn't love each other.

Life went on and I never held a grudge. I didn't want to deny my three kids their grandfather over differences from years past. And to be fair Dad was a terrific grandfather and my kids have nothing but great memories of him.

As dad got into his eighties he wound up moving in with me, of all people. He needed care, we had the room, my wife is a nurse but most importantly neither he nor I wanted him in a nursing home.

Dad got sick and it got to the point where there was nothing more that could be done for him. I stayed with him night and day for his last few days. One day he called out my name. Turned out to be his "last words". Still kinda haunts me to this day that my name would be the last thing he'd ever say.

I should make up something more meaningful. Like "Up the Irish!" or sumthin... nah. Gotta work on that.

Push the button Frank.

As you know, my mom is getting ready for her final curtain. Every night she says, "Good-bye," rather than, "Good night," just in case this is it. I find it comforting to read your stories about the passing of loved ones. Thanks for sharing.

Queen of the Quarter Note

"Think like a drummer, not like a singer, and play much less." -- Michele C.

I was in your position a couple of years ago. What haunts me more than her last words are some of the things she told me in the last months and some of the things I didn't say or do that maybe I should have. Life is pretty short.

Feel the groove internally within your own creativity. - fingertalkin

People are already speculating how long (short) it will be before we see/hear that phrase in Apple advertising.

I don't think we want an iWow.

I guarantee somebody out there does, or will when the right ad campaign hits...

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

Archived