Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Foreplay/Longtime tips?

Iconoclast

Learning Foreplay. I have an XK-3C and S90xs. I've transcribed the whole thing and am slowly working it up to speed. Right now I can do either hand at speed but just can't get quite both--yet.

Haven't practiced it with the band yet.

Question: If any of you guys have played this before, what tips or tricks do you have. Also specifically looking for THAT organ sound. I think what I have right now is pretty close but I'm still kind of a drawbar hack. Any comments welcome.

You want me to start this song too slow or too fast?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Learning Foreplay... Right now I can do either hand at speed but just can't get quite both...If any of you guys have played this before, what tips or tricks do you have...

Um... :laugh:

Let me guess...not a Boston fan and you're pulling a Beavis on the song title?

Forte7, Nord Stage 3, XK3c, OB-6, Arturia Collection, Mainstage, MotionSound KBR3D. A bunch of MusicMan Guitars, Line6 stuff

Learning Foreplay... Right now I can do either hand at speed but just can't get quite both...If any of you guys have played this before, what tips or tricks do you have...

Um... :laugh:

Let me guess...not a Boston fan and you're pulling a Beavis on the song title?

My advice? Take it slow. :thu:

Well...look at that, that pesky search function again.

Thanks

Regarding Foreplay, take it slowly. No sense in rushing right in and spoiling the mood. Regarding Longtime, again; pace yourself.

Muzikteechur is Lonnie, in Kittery, Maine.

HS music teacher: Concert Band, Marching Band, Jazz Band, Chorus, Music Theory, AP Music Theory, History of Rock, Musical Theatre, Piano, Guitar, Drama.

This is definitely proving to be one of those songs that you can get better at by stepping away from it for a while. Too much chopping in the woodshed and your technique and brain turn to mush.

I've got it up to 140bpm with both hands. The fingering seems to be pretty particular and I have to use my 5th finger in the descending arps in places where my hand just wants to interject the 4th.

After discovering the search function (again) it looks like my transcription is pretty much on what everyone else is using.

I just talked to our drummer on the phone and he's having some trouble with this song too so that gives me some breathing room. Practice on Tues night.

Oh, the lulz. I played this for several years. The last time I did it in a band was with the Korg CX-3 (V2). I used 888800000 for most of it. I rode the drawbars hard during the last part and put it away wet.

Korg Kronos 61 (2); Kurzweil PC4, Roland Fantom-06, Casio PX-350M; 2015 Macbook Pro and 2012 Mac Mini (Logic Pro X and Mainstage), GigPerformer 4.

Maybe it should be called "Begging/Short-Time"?

Archived