Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Deal of the day

desertbluesman

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I didn't resist, I backed up the one I have one already, and I paid $229 or so a few years back. It is a tube overdrive. It has 2 military grade tubes in it and sounds as smooth and as tube amp as can be. It is on back order, I just thought because I like the one I already have a bunch, for $89 I had to do it.

I didn't resist, I backed up the one I have one already, and I paid $229 or so a few years back. It is a tube overdrive. It has 2 military grade tubes in it and sounds as smooth and as tube amp as can be. It is on back order, I just thought because I like the one I already have a bunch, for $89 I had to do it.

When I clicked on it the other day, it was a (Solid State) Seymour Duncan Tweak Fuzz pedal, for $49... Today it's a gig-bag for a guitar, for $19.99...

Ask yourself- What Would Ren and Stimpy Do?

~ Caevan James-Michael Miller-O'Shite ~

_ ___ _ Leprechaun, Esquire _ ___ _

It was a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube?

Love 'em. Have gotten a few people hooked on 'em around here... and there's a steady stream of barely used second hand ones here for about that price, the catch being people seem to break the oddball power adapters but I've bought a couple on eBay (they seem to have switched to a more robust version). I use a D-Tar Mama Bear acoustic preamp (Seymour Duncan is the "D" in D-Tar, which stands for "Duncan-Turner Acoustic Research, Rick Turner being the T) which uses the same adapter... and I've managed to break the adapters that came with each (which I bought second hand) with two years of constant gigging. Those little wires short, I guess.

Speaking of the micro-tube thing, I picked up a Siegmund Double Drive a few weeks ago, which is supposedly the pedal that SD based the Twin Tubes on, and it's wonderful... not a heavy overdrive, more like a great preamp along the lines of what people say a Klon Centaur does. Just a high quality preamp that has made my okay sounding amps and guitars sound good, and my great sounding guitars and amps sound better. It also makes electric bass and electro-acoustics sound great... and I need to use it as a vocal mic preamp to record something to check that out.

Yes the Twin Tube Classic, I already have one and I liked it so much I would have backed it up at that $89 price. Musicians Friend had it in my account as a back ordered item at the full $229 price expected in on November 23rd, fortunately I was able to then cancel that, Tricky on their part but I caught 'em and cancelled it. Glad I checked in to my account or they would have shipped it charged my credit card $229 and then I would have had to go through the refund process. Screw them anyways I will use GC for demo purposes, and buy from American Musical Supply or zZounds dot com or one of the other on line stores.

I also have a Nady TD1,which does the same thing at a much lower price I bought the first one at $85 at MF and later backed it up at $125 I liked it so much. They can do everything the TT does and it has more EQ options by far than the TT. The Nady is similar to the Radial Tonebone Classic but it has even more EQ options and at a lower price.

Archived