Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Semi OT: Mini(moog) KC hang today

ksoper

Brother MAJUSCULE (Eric) and his two friends Andre and Dominic were on their way from Edmunton, AB to Asheville for Moogfest and stopped at my place for a bit to check out the Model D/Voyager combo. That'll be a round trip of approximately 4800 miles. They get the "road dog" award.

Very nice guys, and Eric is a mighty fine player. Our intention was to get a picture in the studio but we forgot. We did, however, take a picture in front of the Thai restaurant we had lunch at. (A better souvenir.) I'm sure Eric will post that when they get home, as well as a blow-by-blow review of the fest.

There is a little audio, as I threw Sonar into record during a inspired jam--sample & hold goodness from the Moogs and Eric on the Wavestation and JX-8P. I'll try to edit that down here in the next couple of days.

Thanks to the forum, once again, for introducing me to some really wonderful people.

9 Moog things, 3 Roland things, 2 Hammond things and a computer with stuff on it

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brother MAJUSCULE (Eric) and his two friends Andre and Dominic were on their way from Edmunton, AB to Asheville for Moogfest and stopped at my place for a bit to check out the Model D/Voyager combo. That'll be a round trip of approximately 4800 miles. They get the "road dog" award.

Welcome to North Carolina!

We're not all Rednecks here.

No. Wait. :facepalm:

Tom

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks to the forum, once again, for introducing me to some really wonderful people.

Ditto that! :thu:

+1

So very cool you all hooked up! Everyone I have met/spoken to on this board was cool.

Except for Gassy (ITGITC) that is..

;)

:(

And you, sir...

need to lay off the asparagas. :sick:

:taz:

"Music expresses that which cannot be put into words and that which cannot remain silent." - Victor Hugo

• 2 weeks later...

Hey fellas, sorry it took me so long. Been a bit of a whirlwind around here lately. :)

I indeed had the luck of hooking up with Ken on the way to Asheville. Definitely a nice break from the constant Interstate driving we were doing. Got to check out his studio, especially the Mini-Voyager combo. :thu: :thu: :thu: That was an epiphany of real sound for me. Moved over to the Wavestation/JX-8P afterwards for some digital goodness and a little jammin'! After about an hour of making my buddies sit through some gibberish about filters, oscillators, etc., we headed to the Pad Thai Café. Great food! I had the Thai Dynamite, 4/5 spiciness. Delicious, and made for some good munchin' on the road later on too.

Thanks for your warm welcome, the gear and the great food, Ken! You know where to come in Edmonton! :wave:

I've got the pic, but I don't have a way of posting it. :crazy:

As Ken said, thanks to KC for letting me meet some awesome people. Up to three now!

CLONK here for my full Moogfest review.

Archived