Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

Video of my ARP Omni Synthesizer

Paul K.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope you got an extra power supply with it, you'll need it. I'd sell you the PS in my Omni, but it smoked years ago.

We use to joke about the Omni back in the old days. It was one of several keyboards I can think of that you DID'NT get what you paid for!

Sorry to burst your bubble. But I was in the mood for some fun tonight!

Mike T.

Yamaha Motif ES8, Alesis Ion, Prophet 5 Rev 3.2, 1979 Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 73 Piano, Arp Odyssey Md III, Roland R-70 Drum Machine, Digitech Vocalist Live Pro. Roland Boss Chorus Ensemble CE-1.

Loved my Arp Omni 2 back in the day. Fit perfectly on top of my Farfisa V.I.P. 345. Built like a tank. It took a glancing blow from my '73 Cutlass Supreme one night and still kept on ticking. Yes, I was the driver.....

"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."

- George Bernard Shaw

Ah yes - the ARP Omni. The synth that gave Dave Friend the power to wreck the company.

Alan R. Pearlman thought as a cost plus item it should fairly sell for $1000 less than it did, but it was such a hot product that he was overruled. That's why it was so expensive.

I bought one when they first came out and had it for several years. It's one of those few keyboards that I regret buying.

Mine was reliable though. I'll give it that.

I bought one when they first came out and had it for several years. It's one of those few keyboards that I regret buying.

Regardless of price I could never quite warm up to the Omni. It was a "jack of all sounds, master of none."

And then the Prophet 5 came out.

Larry.

Archived