Please note: You can easily log in to MPN using your Facebook account!

What's music apps are on your IPhone/Ipad ?

NYKeys

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
*iRealb (iReal Book) - I was kind of p.o'd when they took all the songs out, but then found the forums where you can get them all back and then some.

Can u please tell me more about this forum please. How to get the songs :-)

NS2 88, Yamaha Cp300, Moog Little Phatty, Hammond Sk2, Roland Fantom X6, Ventilator, Nord C2D, Leslie 3300, Leslie 122

Can u please tell me more about this forum please. How to get the songs :-)
Go to the web site for iReal b. You'll find the forum there.

In fact, just go to this page, and read the second question.

http://www.irealb.com/page8/

"I'm so crazy, I don't know this is impossible! Hoo hoo!" - Daffy Duck

"The good news is that once you start piano you never have to worry about getting laid again. More time to practice!" - MOI

Now that I have had some time with it using an IO Dock and my Kurzweil to control my iPad. I have had some issues mainly stuck notes. Animoog and C3B3 Pocket organ sound really good! But alas the stuck notes make them unusable for anything but playing around at home.

I really kind of like the screen playing interface on Animoog! Some of the knobs are hard to adjust on the touch pad which can be really annoying a times.

Sample tank sounds good and I haven't noticed any stuck notes but I absolutely hate the interface. They need an iPad version!

Garage band has been very stable, it hasn't given me any issues. The sounds aren't great though.

Since I upgraded to IOS 5 SynthApp dies immediately upon launch!

There is a lot of potential here, but right now it's just an expensive toy.

The one really useful thing for me is a sheet music display!

I have scanned and converted to pdf dozens of sheets of music.

I have even started adding violin music for my niece.

Boards: Kurzweil SP-6, Roland FA-08, VR-09, DeepMind 12

Modules: Korg Radias, Roland D-05, Bk7-m & Sonic Cell

• 3 months later...
Earlier in the thread I mentioned a 24 mb limit... there was some OS function that had such a limit, but I'm pretty sure it does not apply here. I think as long as an instrument fits in free RAM, it should be okay. (And there are some free apps that will tell you how much free RAM you have.) I don't think you can exceed that, though (i.e I don't think instruments can stream from disk for real time MIDI playback). I'd be curious to hear people's experiences with loading large instruments (or multiple small ones...)

Maybe this is the best place for a shameless plug! Our now not-so-new new video at https://youtu.be/3ZRC3b4p4EI is a 40 minute adaptation of T. S. Eliot's "Prufrock" - check it out! And hopefully I'll have something new here this year. ;-)

Added a few...

Favs:

Voice Jam

Geosynth

Animoog

Sample toy

Tweaky Beat

Little midi machine

Others:

Looptastic

Sound prism

Synth pond

Thicket

Groove maker

Beat wave

Wivi Band

Wave Pad

Beat maker 2

Bebot

Has anyone used any of the PDF readers for live performances? Any reccomendations? Looking for simple chord charts and lyrics....
Montage 7, Mojo 61, PC-3, XK-3c Pro, Kronos 88, Hammond SK-1, Motif XF- 7, Hammond SK-2, Roland FR-1, FR-18, Hammond B3 - Blond, Hammond BV -Cherry

Archived